+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Play- Offs Norwich Vs Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    �� ….. thing is it’s not all over for Leeds just because of this result. Whoever they meet at Wembley, be it West Brom who they’ve lost to twice this season or Southampton who beat them at Elland Road recently, it won’t be a walk in the park.

Also, Leeds have lost all five of their last Wembley play offs.
    Was quite enjoying this thread till I got to this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Was quite enjoying this thread till I got to this post
    Rev pal, I bet you bloody well enjoyed tonight though 😉

Good luck in the final as I want a Yorkshire club to get back in the Prem. Currently we don’t have one so come on Leeds fly that flag high and proud back in the Premier League.

Bolton and Oxford have sold 60k tickets between them
    Impressive

Rev pal, I bet you bloody well enjoyed tonight though ��

Good luck in the final as I want a Yorkshire club to get back in the Prem. Currently we don’t have one so come on Leeds fly that flag high and proud back in the Premier League.
    Cheers Brin lad , fingers and everything crossed

Bloody ell Rev, you’ll think I’m stalkin ya ��

Just popped on here as I do from time to time (Rotherham being my guilty secret) to see if we’d nabbed the goalie but it seems he’s on this way to Stoke. I think Brin is a secret admirer of Leeds and Brin, if you are, youre welcome aboard. Unlike some, I am looking forward to a day out at Wembley and of course I want us to win. For me though, I only want to go back to the Premier if we then compete. Personally think the Championship is the best league to be in. More games, more competition. Still unfair in terms of the money similar to the Prem but not quite as bad. I don’t see how smaller clubs progress, yes some have a day in the sunlight but the 3 that went up last year are back down again and the ones doing slightly better are no where near competing at the top apart from Villa and tbf they are a massive club.

Anyway, I wish all at Rotherham well next year and I shall visit when I can to add my corn to the coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Bloody ell Rev, you’ll think I’m stalkin ya ��

Just popped on here as I do from time to time (Rotherham being my guilty secret) to see if we’d nabbed the goalie but it seems he’s on this way to Stoke. I think Brin is a secret admirer of Leeds and Brin, if you are, youre welcome aboard. Unlike some, I am looking forward to a day out at Wembley and of course I want us to win. For me though, I only want to go back to the Premier if we then compete. Personally think the Championship is the best league to be in. More games, more competition. Still unfair in terms of the money similar to the Prem but not quite as bad. I don’t see how smaller clubs progress, yes some have a day in the sunlight but the 3 that went up last year are back down again and the ones doing slightly better are no where near competing at the top apart from Villa and tbf they are a massive club.

Anyway, I wish all at Rotherham well next year and I shall visit when I can to add my corn to the coffers.
    It turned out that both semi-final second legs became one sided affairs with the losers totally outclassed in the end.
    The final should be an interesting game but I think Leeds will be too strong for Southampton and will probably win by a couple of goals.
    But then comes the problem, how to survive in the Premier League?
    On most occasions when I've watched Leeds I've thought they looked suspect defensively when teams had a go at them and it's an area they're really going to have to strengthen if they're going to have a chance of staying up because they'd certainly get punished in the PL.
    The fact that the 3 promoted teams are coming straight back down with only Luton making a fight of it suggests the gap between the Championship and PL is only getting wider. And then there's bloody VAR........Patrick Bamford take note 🙂.
    Anyway, best of luck at Wembley and let's have a Yorkshire club back amongst the big boys.

Had a good long chat with a Leeds fan yesterday and he told me that they are in big money trouble and need to generate a whopping £78 Million by the end of the season to pay off outstanding debts.

They are hoping and praying they get back in the Premier League to wipe it all out.

In the Southampton v West Brom play off yesterday, we got a mention as, apparently, only one play off over 2 legs in any division has ever finished 0-0 in both legs, and that was us and Leyton Orient in 1999 when we lost on pens. UTM

Had a good long chat with a Leeds fan yesterday and he told me that they are in big money trouble and need to generate a whopping £78 Million by the end of the season to pay off outstanding debts.

They are hoping and praying they get back in the Premier League to wipe it all out.

There are many rumours flying about. I don’t know about that one though the figure is consistently mouthed. Out of interest, how did he arrive at the £78m?

I don’t believe we have an issue but no doubt things will be what they’ll be. Selling our best players would be easy enough to do if true but fans won’t like that. There’s a rumour (another!) that Liverpool will pay £40m for Archie, then there’s Summerville and Rutter etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    It turned out that both semi-final second legs became one sided affairs with the losers totally outclassed in the end.
    The final should be an interesting game but I think Leeds will be too strong for Southampton and will probably win by a couple of goals.
    But then comes the problem, how to survive in the Premier League?
    On most occasions when I've watched Leeds I've thought they looked suspect defensively when teams had a go at them and it's an area they're really going to have to strengthen if they're going to have a chance of staying up because they'd certainly get punished in the PL.
    The fact that the 3 promoted teams are coming straight back down with only Luton making a fight of it suggests the gap between the Championship and PL is only getting wider. And then there's bloody VAR........Patrick Bamford take note 🙂.
    Anyway, best of luck at Wembley and let's have a Yorkshire club back amongst the big boys.
    Thnx Mellow. I am concerned if we go up then that will trigger the capacity increase and I hate to say it but we get more like Manure Utd. Our season ticket holders have to attend 70% of home games or have that seat occupied by yourself/friends/family - if not you lose your seat.
    They do that because there’s a circa 22000 waiting list for season tickets. We just paid £400 to see the play off v Norwich. We’re in corporate and that game not included in our season ticket price which is £3300 each person.

Not cheap being a Leeds fan but for us it’s worth every penny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast