+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team For Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Injuries apart, I would start with the same XI - however I would look to see earlier usage of substitutes in case of need. Certainly Maja and/or Weiman, rather than Wallace would change their defensive requirements.
    Clearly any goals will dictate CC’s tactics.
    As with the 1st leg, I’m sure we will see the same commitment from whoever plays.
    I’m with you on this, perhaps start Wallace instead of Asante but otherwise leave it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Injuries apart, I would start with the same XI - however I would look to see earlier usage of substitutes in case of need. Certainly Maja and/or Weiman, rather than Wallace would change their defensive requirements.
    Clearly any goals will dictate CC’s tactics.
    As with the 1st leg, I’m sure we will see the same commitment from whoever plays.
    With the the possibility of extra time, not sure we will get earlier substitutions, I suppose it depends how much Sundays game took out of certain players, Yokuslu has struggled to finish games so M'Vila will have a big part to play, our 2 best away performances have been with Wallace as a false 9 so if he is fit enough I would start him instead of Asante, I thought CC got his tactics right on Sunday, I have every faith he will tomorrow.

Probably will be the same starting X1.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Probably will be the same starting X1.
    Hope Bartley be fit.. great news we’re playing in our home kit. Coyb

I really hope we are up for it, Southampton will be aggressive and come at us from the start, the last side to do that were Sheffield Wed and we know what happened there

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    I really hope we are up for it, Southampton will be aggressive and come at us from the start, the last side to do that were Sheffield Wed and we know what happened there

As Mick said - start like Norwich last night with defensive faults and we will get hammered! We need to attack them

I think I'd stick with the same XI but bring in Swift for Diangana.

I just think Swift offers us more. He's better at set pieces and more clinical in front of goal.

Otherwise, I'd stay as we are.

I'd also emphasise to the lads to get it to Fellows and try to isolate him 1v1 against their full back - and to gamble on his crosses. If its the same full back as Sunday, he will get his cross in everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I think I'd stick with the same XI but bring in Swift for Diangana.

I just think Swift offers us more. He's better at set pieces and more clinical in front of goal.

Otherwise, I'd stay as we are.

I'd also emphasise to the lads to get it to Fellows and try to isolate him 1v1 against their full back - and to gamble on his crosses. If it’s the same full back as Sunday, he will get his cross in everytime.
    I cant agree about Swift, I’ve rarely seen a more anonymous player in our shirt.

Apart from occasional strikes and penalties he seems to be invisible to me.

Given his goalscoring ability though, he might be a better option up top instead of Asante.

I’d bring him in for penalties if we get that far.

Personally, I don't expect us to win tonight but just hope we don't do a Norwich and that we are competitive from the off and that everyone gives their all and put in a shift. Oh, and no silly mistakes would be nice!

As others have said (and their own manager has made clear) S'hampton will be far more aggressive in front of their home crowd than they were at ours. They may have a better over all squad than us but there was very little between us in the first leg so whilst being the under dog can sometimes play to your advantage I think that they will accord us a bit more respect tonight.

Team selection wise, I'd have initially gone for the same as the first leg, including BTA up front to start (even if later swapped for Wallace) as I believe that whilst his finishing is poor, he still causes defences more problems than Weimann. Obviously Carlos has gone for Jed to start instead with Asante on the bench.

Just hope that Yokuslu is back to his normal standard and that Johnston, Fellows and Diangana are all on form to give us some attacking creativity. Not long to go now- COYB!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)