+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    M’Vila should be playing veteran’s football…

Well who brought him in?

Corberan deserves the chance to build his own team, but I don’t think Patel will put up with many of these inept away performances

See you next season lads.

Kipre-decent consolation goal at the very death. If only we could have similarly converted more of all those other corners we've won over this season eh?

Guess at the end of the day it hasn't been a bad season for us. Corberan, like any manager, hasn't got it right all of the time but he has done exceptionally well considering both the financial constraints and the group of players he has had to work with and making the play offs probably wasn't something many of us anticipated at the start of this season.

The biggest result though is getting shot of Lai, having a new owner who looks to be decent and avoiding potential administration. Over to you Mister Patel-though (as I'm sure BaggieAl would be the first to point out &#128513 one of the first things to be done is to find us a new Dan Ashworth and a decent scouting/recruitment team.

Let's face it, we have massively overachieved this year. It will be interesting to see whether Patel makes some funds available next season. A lot of driftwood needs to be culled including Diangana, Townsend, Wallace and one of the pedestrian centre backs. We can only hope that next season brings as much success as this one.

I may be in a minority of one here but I don’t think that Carlos got too much wrong, at 0-0 we were in with a good chance of snatching one, unfortunately, Diangana’s sloppy play upset the plan. Once we went behind it was always going to be difficult chasing the game, which is why I think CC was correct in keeping it tight from the outset. Also, harking back to the first leg, it was Diangana that missed the best chance of the game; I just hope we can sell him this Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    M’Vila should be playing veteran’s football…
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Kipre-decent consolation goal at the very death. If only we could have similarly converted more of all those other corners we've won over this season eh?

Guess at the end of the day it hasn't been a bad season for us. Corberan, like any manager, hasn't got it right all of the time but he has done exceptionally well considering both the financial constraints and the group of players he has had to work with and making the play offs probably wasn't something many of us anticipated at the start of this season.

The biggest result though is getting shot of Lai, having a new owner who looks to be decent and avoiding potential administration. Over to you Mister Patel-though (as I'm sure BaggieAl would be the first to point out &#128513 one of the first things to be done is to find us a new Dan Ashworth and a decent scouting/recruitment team.

Good post and totally agree!

I’m unsure why anyone was expecting any different?

It went more or less as I expected it to.

Better team with classier players with more attacking intent and class striker (for the division) overcome workmanlike side of workmanlike, average players who generally lack pace and a side who don’t have a striker of any quality.

We were lucky to finish fifth is the truth.

From this moment forward the ball moves into Mr Patel’s court, we’ve had the cheery, glossy introductory video and the nice platitudes it’s now time for action.

A prompt retained list.

Renewal of just a couple of key contracts like Kipre (maybe)

A mission statement and a plan from Patel for everyone to see.

A new head of recruitment as a major priority.

If all we see is his grinning face and the renewal of all the has been’s contracts and a fat free transfer striker with an injury history I will be seriously p I s s e d.

Time for action Shilen……starting now!

Tick, tock!

It was a typical away performance which, although we were poor in the first half, a job had been done. Had it not been for Diangana’s mistake it might have been different. Having said this, the better side won. I’m a little down regarding tonight’s performance but overall it’s been a pretty good season considering all the problems the club has faced over the course of the year.

I ‘m sure that we would have struggled if we had gained promotion to the Premier League so let’s now take stock and hopefully build a side really capable of pushing for promotion next season.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I may be in a minority of one here but I don’t think that Carlos got too much wrong, at 0-0 we were in with a good chance of snatching one, unfortunately, Diangana’s sloppy play upset the plan. Once we went behind it was always going to be difficult chasing the game, which is why I think CC was correct in keeping it tight from the outset. Also, harking back to the first leg, it was Diangana that missed the best chance of the game; I just hope we can sell him this Summer.
    When he is on form Diangana is one of our most skilful players but that caveat is the problem. His lack of consistency means he can also be at best anonymous, at worst sloppy. He is also too lightweight and too easily pushed off the ball. Despite those flashes of skill, have to agree with you that he needs to go-especially given his wages.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)