+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List Out

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    JOAKWELL ....sad to say.
    Oh the joys.

Well player wise we are now left with virtually £ nil value to sell for the first time for many many seasons.

We really are becoming to look like an established 3rd division side.

I used to look forward to being at Oakwell for our first game of a new season, but it would take some real intent by our board to bring in a good new coach and some experienced and emerging talent to the club for me to buy a ticket.
    Yer don’t rate Fabio, Connell and Phillips then.
    I’m with you on Phillips BTW.
    But continually spewing out all this negative shi.te day after day after day etc etc etc against yer local club must be a bit warring at times.
    Could I suggest a nice day off - settee - tele - cuppa tea - ginger biscuit.
    Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Imagine if Kane ends up at a championship[ club and we are in division one , well some players make it and others do not !!!
    Well Moffat did.
    And although better than Kane I don’t rate him much either.
    Two speeds - slow and stop.
    Both good at passing the ball and SLOWING the game down.
    Which is contrary to the Barnsley Way.

He must have known he was out of the door when he gave his infamous interview that more or less reflected the speed of his game.
    Dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well Moffat did.

He must have known he was out of the door when he gave his infamous interview that more or less reflected the speed of his game.
    Dull.
    Who is Moffat ?

You seem to be copying the Devoted Club Loyalist Pack on another message board where any opinion that is given that does not blow smoke up the people at the club's arses is attacked not by discussing the opinion but by attacking the person. It is wearing, the same old personal attacks time after time.

Well Moffat did.

Dull.
    You have got me Nudger , I have never seen Moffat , did he play for us ? Interestingly though you do not think players who play in the championship have made it because I certainly do , they might not be in the absolute elite but they do play in the 4th biggest league in Europe and in my book if a player makes it to that level he certainly has made it , we will see where Kane ends up shall we .

Well Moffat did.

Dull.
    And yet you rate Russell who is even slower than Mowatt and Kane .

What's more he's incapable of lasting more than 60 minutes even when impersonating a sloth .

The recruitment shows exactly that there isn't a Barnsley Way because the players aren't capable of playing in the style you believe is the Barnsley Way .

There's no pace , there's no physicality and no matter who stands in the technical area whether that be Collins or even Val you can't coach those attributes .

If you believe that these players will become successful simply by playing in the way Val had us playing then you are going to be looking for yet more scapegoats in order to defend your position .

The scapegoats up to now include Aiden Marsh for our FA Cup debacle and the immigration authorities for not getting a HC in to replace Collins .

These are the depths you are prepared to go to in order to defend these incompetent owners .

There's only you who is looking rather pathetic in all of this of course .

Kane, Williams, Cole and Cadden all free to go to other clubs for nowt

Grant, McAtee, Roberts, MaCarthy returning to parent clubs

Offers perhaps for Phillips, Styles and Connell ? Wouldn't be surprised to see Duff take Phillips.

With a £5mill shortfall in next seasons income over expenditure in general running costs, no reserves
    and a possible EFL Fine the transfer budget chest could be a bit bare.

That Mlaiden Sormaz will need to be a man of his word--

" I can reassure fans that we are working hard to bring in some new faces who can help us achieve our goals next season and beyond"

Derby list out today and Hourihane is leaving. Hopefully he’ll be here soon.

Wildsmith too. Be interesting to see what keeper we sign. There’s a few out of contract this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    You have got me Nudger , I have never seen Moffat , did he play for us ? Interestingly though you do not think players who play in the championship have made it because I certainly do , they might not be in the absolute elite but they do play in the 4th biggest league in Europe and in my book if a player makes it to that level he certainly has made it , we will see where Kane ends up shall we .
    Yep championship I think Shads. Maybe Oxford again depending on today's result although I think he could play for one of the more established clubs.

Well player wise we are now left with virtually £ nil value to sell for the first time for many many seasons.

We really are becoming to look like an established 3rd division side.

I used to look forward to being at Oakwell for our first game of a new season, but it would take some real intent by our board to bring in a good new coach and some experienced and emerging talent to the club for me to buy a ticket.
    Just for clarification when I say little value for player sales, I am referring to this close season - possibly just Styles for an upfront fee of £300 - £500k.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast