+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Weal gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Football is a revolving industry. Individuals move on for all sorts of reasons. It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy every time.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Surely Montague takes that blame also?
    Yes he does but surely Tom would have had some input

Can't see any reason why Sam Slocombe couldn't fill this role. Always comes across as thoughtful, thorough and professional so with the analytics and help from the coaching staff I'm sure he could ease into a backroom role as goalkeeping coach and scout.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    As long has we dont get another shelf stacker from Wealdstone to join the current 3 stooges..
    On this we fully agree 👍

Disappointing news - everyone seemed to agree Weal was good at his job and an asset to the club. I suppose Alves is one to watch now.
    This just adds to my discomfort about the way things are going.

Surely it’s normal the head coach gets to pick his own coaches? The bloke who cleans the vans at BT in Harrow is on standby.

Let's spend all season complaining about our goalkeeping and then when the goalkeeping coach leaves let's get upset.

Weird concept.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Surely it’s normal the head coach gets to pick his own coaches? The bloke who cleans the vans at BT in Harrow is on standby.
    Not in the model Notts have. They bring a couple of coaches in but they are expected to work with the staff in the club. The fact we've got rid of two members of staff screams of Montague trying to make him a success rather than accepting he's made a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Not in the model Notts have. They bring a couple of coaches in but they are expected to work with the staff in the club. The fact we've got rid of two members of staff screams of Montague trying to make him a success rather than accepting he's made a mistake
    Wouldn’t it be worth waiting to see a/ where Weal ends up and b/ who we replace him with?
    Goalkeeper coach, fitness coach and even a blooming set piece coach are not significant roles in a club set up and are certainly replaceable.
    I will wait to see how the clubs structure looks. I wouldn’t be disappointed with Slocombe as a player/coach - allows extra funds to be spent on players.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Let's spend all season complaining about our goalkeeping and then when the goalkeeping coach leaves let's get upset.

Weird concept.
    Spot on. And then spend most of the last two seasons complaining about SS, publicly suggest a new man was coming in because SS wasn't good enough and then push him for goalkeeping coach.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast