+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St j Doon Raith up

St j Doon Raith up

More than acceptable

Do for me, years back I always wanted st Johnstone up but need them back in there box now

Would be the ideal result

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Would be the ideal result
    It would be ideal, but I can't see it. Raith, who I like, are bottlers, unfortunately.

Odd how one of the most experienced managers around just now hasn't been able to fix things for StJ. I would have thought that he would have been able to get them safe long before now.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Odd how one of the most experienced managers around just now hasn't been able to fix things for StJ. I would have thought that he would have been able to get them safe long before now.
    Not that he's a particularly enthusiastic bloke but he dosent seem very enthused in Perth.

Seems like a bloke who has seen and done everything in fitba......and he hasn't......similar attitude to Warnock in a different way.

I thought he would be a great appointment for them. He should have been able to sort out St J and he hasn't. He might keep them up, but I thought that they would have been safe and looking at next season. It's very difficult if you don't know which league you are going to be in. Everything is on hold and nothing can be settled until the results of the final games are known.

[QUOTE=BCram;40505695]I thought he would be a great appointment for them. He should have been able to sort out St J and he hasn't. He might keep them up, but I thought that they would have been safe and looking at next season. It's very difficult if you don't know which league you are going to be in. Everything is on hold and nothing can be settled until the results of the final games are known.[/QUOTE
    Craig Levein was previously an advisor to the Brechin City board of directors in the Highland League prior to joining the St Johnstone management team in November 2023.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 17-05-2024 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I thought he would be a great appointment for them. He should have been able to sort out St J and he hasn't. He might keep them up, but I thought that they would have been safe and looking at next season. It's very difficult if you don't know which league you are going to be in. Everything is on hold and nothing can be settled until the results of the final games are known.
    Avril's stock is pretty low. There's only one set of fans that think he was any use and he got lucky with them having a decent crop of youngsters and a board that seemed to just want to spend money (some things don't change). He made a real Jim Delahunt of the Leicester and Scotland jobs and the Hearts fans were glad to see the back of him - twice. He's negative and boring (perfect fit for St. Johnstone really) and for some reason he's considered a successful manager - despite never actually winning anything.

I really hope he takes St. Johnstone down, they're an ideal match for each other and deserve relegation. Unfortunately after seeing a fair bit of the Raith - Partick game last night I'm not sure Raith will beat them (or Ross County) in the play off. Levein would probably be able to ****fest it fairly effectively.

Not to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)