+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list...

First-team players under contract for 2024/25

Tom Barkhuizen, Sonny Bradley, Eiran Cashin, Callum Elder, Tyrese Fornah, Craig Forsyth, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Curtis Nelson, Ryan Nyambe, Darren Robinson, Jake Rooney, Liam Thompson, Josh Vickers, Joe Ward, Conor Washington, Kane Wilson.

First-team players leaving the club this summer

Dwight Gayle, Conor Hourihane, Scott Loach, Korey Smith, Martyn Waghorn, Joe Wildsmith.

First-team players out of contract and in discussion over their futures

James Collins, Louie Sibley.

First-team players at the end of loans with the club

Ebou Adams, Max Bird, Tyreece John-Jules.

First-team player at the end of loan with the club and signing permanently on 1st July

Corey Blackett-Taylor.

Well pleased for Fozzy. He was one where my head said no thanks and my heart said yes please. It seems both he and Barks triggered extension clauses based on appearances.

Here's the current rumours

Wildsmith is either off to Pompey or back to Wendy.

Collo off to Brum

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’d like Adams too, but they’re not entirely comparable and while Smith has about 250 Championship appearances, Adams has…11.
    Can’t help thinking he offered the experience and versatility we’ll need.
    But the chap whose birthday party you no doubt attended yesterday, Leon Osman, had only played 6 games in the league we were in before he played his part back in the day and he was no straight replacement for anyone he was just bloody good. I regret Smith (and Wildsmith) but my POV (like Brexit remember) is, it’s done, move on

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    But the chap whose birthday party you no doubt attended yesterday, Leon Osman, had only played 6 games in the league we were in before he played his part back in the day and he was no straight replacement for anyone he was just bloody good. I regret Smith (and Wildsmith) but my POV (like Brexit remember) is, it’s done, move on
    Odd and factually incorrect response, but hey ho.

Indeed I didn't think I saw you there rA?

Also I don't believe Osman played at championship/tier 2 level for anyone other than us as his only other loan was to Carlisle? Not sure where the 6 came from

Odd and factually incorrect response, but hey ho.
    OK for those who rely on reference books rather than memory, ‘Leon Osman had only played 3 full games in the league we were in (or above) before he played his part back in the day and he was no straight replacement for anyone he was just bloody good’.

My general point was that games played can, by the example given, be a poor indicator, that’s all. By all means suggest we make an offer on Dean Lewington

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Indeed I didn't think I saw you there rA?

Also I don't believe Osman played at championship/tier 2 level for anyone other than us as his only other loan was to Carlisle? Not sure where the 6 came from
    My error was that he played for Evertonnin the league ABOVE us. My general point was lost or ignored in the midst of my general tomfoolery

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    My error was that he played for Evertonnin the league ABOVE us. My general point was lost or ignored in the midst of my general tomfoolery
    Not really, AF…your error was to compare the two. They’re the two best (i.e. most influential) loan players I can remember us having, but there the comparison ends and the rest of what you said was just wrong.
    I also thought you’d proclaimed - as moderator - that we shouldn’t ‘cross thread’ sport and politics and didn’t realise we also shouldn’t comment on things that were ‘done’…so that’s VAR, signings, managerial decisions, offsides, refereeing performances and results all declared unsuitable for further discussion then?

I'm happy Fozzy is staying, in the games he played he was often Motm. His experience around the squad will be useful still.

So anyone from Bolton you fancy picking up? I refer here to the football squad as opposed to some quasi-mank totty.

Not really, AF…your error was to compare the two. They’re the two best (i.e. most influential) loan players I can remember us having, but there the comparison ends and the rest of what you said was just wrong.
    I also thought you’d proclaimed - as moderator - that we shouldn’t ‘cross thread’ sport and politics and didn’t realise we also shouldn’t comment on things that were ‘done’…so that’s VAR, signings, managerial decisions, offsides, refereeing performances and results all declared unsuitable for further discussion then?
    I’ve been witness to the embarrassing ping pong between Swale and yourself on matters football so I’ll just say IMO it’s a valid comparison and leave it at that, no matter your comeback. The Brexit comment was merely analogising my approach to this issue (and, thank God, life in general)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)