+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On this day 34 years ago and 56 years ago .

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    You cant beat good neighbours, sadly our last two lots of neighbours have been arseholes
    They probably moved because of your infernal parties Phil, week after week....

You can get pretty good sound insulating panels these days, they stick directly to the wall and look quite good, having these behind the TV helps deaden through the wall effects. Have a look on Amazon etc.
    Neighbours will get you wherever you live, good or bad, even a farmer in the middle of nowhere will have a boundary, it a luck of the draw, we have lovely neighbours on one side of us and self entitled millennials the other.

I don’t do neighbours. Only at a distance. Before moving into a farmers field in a log cabin (bliss) I lived next door to drug dealers. After confronting some of them because I didn’t appreciate being woken up at 2:30 in the morning due to them hanging pictures on the walls I realised I could be shot.. I honestly think that moving is the only reason I’m still alive because I can barely manage my mental health here. It’s been the difference. There are days I have to put the brakes on and say no to everything. The peace here really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I don’t do neighbours. Only at a distance. Before moving into a farmers field in a log cabin (bliss) I lived next door to drug dealers. After confronting some of them because I didn’t appreciate being woken up at 2:30 in the morning due to them hanging pictures on the walls I realised I could be shot.. I honestly think that moving is the only reason I’m still alive because I can barely manage my mental health here. It’s been the difference. There are days I have to put the brakes on and say no to everything. The peace here really helps.
    I would so love your type of place.

Is it completely on its own or are there a few of them around the farmers land Boingy?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post

Sounds ideal! In terms of drug dealers they should all be dealt with Saudi style for this disgusting offence. No mercy if someone shot them!

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Noise from TVs Mick - The last neighbours were elderly who had their TV placed against the dividing living room wall and those who live in semis are all well aware that we shouldn't put TVs against the dividing wall, thing is we've never done it as we are considerate and all that. Their TV would simply blast sound through the walls and into the bedrooms sometimes as late as 3am as they didnt have to get up to work

I spoke to them about how we can solve this problem but they just ignored the offer as I quickly realised that they got off on confrontation so I got 2 high power super woofers at either end of the room so it was like tit for tat for 3 years. In the end they died and it was like peace on earth

The new neighbours are no where near as bad but they have put their tv ON the dividing wall so the deep bass comes through - i knew we should have bought a detached property, maybe we still will.
    Strangely enough, the same thing happened to me Phil. I live in a semi detached bungalow and the old lady was stone deaf next door and had her tv attached on the other side of my bedroom wall. Sometimes she used to fall asleep whilst watching telly and it was still blasting out at 3 o'clock in the morning. I would often put ear plugs in just to get a nights sleep. Coincidentally, she pegged it last year and the new neighbour decided to move the tv to another wall so I hardly hear it now. Peace at last!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)