+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List Out

Sorry to see Williams leaving, one of the best full backs / wing backs in League 1 and done it in the Championship also and still only 24.

Wherever they end up one thing is certain Kane, Williams and Cole will be financially better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Sorry to see Williams leaving, one of the best full backs / wing backs in League 1 and done it in the Championship also and still only 24.

Wherever they end up one thing is certain Kane, Williams and Cole will be financially better off.
    I have to disagree chop on the Williams statement - he’s only had (in my opinion) 3/4 decent games since the home win over sheff Wednesday. He’s certainly not captain material. I know he’s been out of position , but even when in the correct one he is a liability - he was better out wide as he could do less damage than in the centre. For me it’s more a case of him being the best of a bang average bunch in that position. We’re hardly overburdened with choices

For me this is where as a club we need to sharpen up - like DW did - if youreplaying the same system for a number of years and you’ve got lads in the academy - these should be ready to step up

I think the squad needs this freshening up and if we can get this with Stendel over the line then he might unearth some qualities in some of those that are deemed deadwood at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I have to disagree chop on the Williams statement - he’s only had (in my opinion) 3/4 decent games since the home win over sheff Wednesday. He’s certainly not captain material. I know he’s been out of position , but even when in the correct one he is a liability - he was better out wide as he could do less damage than in the centre. For me it’s more a case of him being the best of a bang average bunch in that position. We’re hardly overburdened with choices

For me this is where as a club we need to sharpen up - like DW did - if youreplaying the same system for a number of years and you’ve got lads in the academy - these should be ready to step up

I think the squad needs this freshening up and if we can get this with Stendel over the line then he might unearth some qualities in some of those that are deemed deadwood at the minute.
    If indeed Stendel does return and with the very good job he's done with the kids at Hanover it could well be that some of Nicky Eaden's young lads will be thrown in to the first team .

My opinion is formed by the lack of finance we are now having to operate under and with very little sellable assets to raise a transfer budget .

I personally think we will see very little incoming transfer activity and some kids such as Jalo , Chapman and Lofthouse thrown in with Hourihane guiding them along on the field .

That's how I see this playing out personally .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If indeed Stendel does return and with the very good job he's done with the kids at Hanover it could well be that some of Nicky Eaden's young lads will be thrown in to the first team .

My opinion is formed by the lack of finance we are now having to operate under and with very little sellable assets to raise a transfer budget .

I personally think we will see very little incoming transfer activity and some kids such as Jalo , Chapman and Lofthouse thrown in with Hourihane guiding them along on the field .

That's how I see this playing out personally .
    You have a point there.
    I don’t think there is a lack of money within the club to bring in a number of players.
    But with so many good young uns on the fringes I think there maybe a change in emphasis this next season.

Fabio has shown nothing as yet - but once he gets up to speed in the 1st Team I think he will.
    Plus I like the look of Yoga with the bits I’ve seen.
    I’m sure there will be a few other young uns knocking on the door.

These young players are likely to influence which other players are brought into the club this season.
    I’ve wondered whether we might see a few more experienced players coming in on loan this season to give the young players time to find their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    You have a point there.
    I don’t think there is a lack of money within the club to bring in a number of players.
    But with so many good young uns on the fringes I think there maybe a change in emphasis this next season.

Fabio has shown nothing as yet - but once he gets up to speed in the 1st Team I think he will.
    Plus I like the look of Yoga with the bits I’ve seen.
    I’m sure there will be a few other young uns knocking on the door.

These young players are likely to influence which other players are brought into the club this season.
    I’ve wondered whether we might see a few more experienced players coming in on loan this season to give the young players time to find their feet.
    Why don't you think there is a lack of finance when we've lost £15m in recent years and are set to lose another £5m this financial year too ?

The total lack of quality we have that will remain at the club mainly because nobody will want to buy them plus the addition of inexperienced kids spells trouble next season and that's with Hourihane in the team .

Let's be clear these young lads are an unknown and we aren't exactly talking about the Manchester United class of 1992 are we ? .

This is managed decline , a failed business model , unscrupulous shareholders replaced by incompetent shareholders and a business with major financial issues .

Good Luck with that .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Why don't you think there is a lack of finance when we've lost £15m in recent years and are set to lose another £5m this financial year too ?

The total lack of quality we have that will remain at the club mainly because nobody will want to buy them plus the addition of inexperienced kids spells trouble next season and that's with Hourihane in the team .

Let's be clear these young lads are an unknown and we aren't exactly talking about the Manchester United class of 1992 are we ? .

This is managed decline , a failed business model , unscrupulous shareholders replaced by incompetent shareholders and a business with major financial issues .

Good Luck with that .
    The daft thing is that the good performances of young players will attract buyers and could be the catalyst for swelling the coffers for minimal cost - the key is to not repeat the mistakes we’ve made and to reinvest it wisely

Well we’d be more than happy to bring Luca back to the wanderers, maybe we could do a swop for Evatt. You think Collins walking football was bad you want to see it done by a real expert? ��

I am optimistic about our midfield , if we have Connel , Hourihane , Phillips & hopefully Grant plus of course we cannot rule Styles out either , we have Pines and Earl who are the base of something to build on at the back and Lofthouse who I have great hopes for returning with Okeefe to give us a couple of wing backs plus up front we have Cosgrove & Jalo , obviously we want strengthening at the back and more importantly the existing forwards minus the two I mentioned need pruning and a little bit of quality brought in but overall I would be happy with our midfield options & hopeful the other two departments can be brought up to a standard so as to be able to at least compete again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Well we’d be more than happy to bring Luca back to the wanderers, maybe we could do a swop for Evatt. You think Collins walking football was bad you want to see it done by a real expert? ��
    I wouldn’t put all the blame on Evatt BW I watched the game and you just didn’t turn up not one of um.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I wouldn’t put all the blame on Evatt BW I watched the game and you just didn’t turn up not one of um.
    I’d say this about Bolton.
    They had better players than Oxford.
    And we had better players than Bolton.
    But it counts for nothing if yer ain’t got a good coach.

Oxford were far more disciplined and organised than Bolton.
    Oxford played as a well drilled team - Bolton didn’t.
    But being disorganised and all over the place has also been the story of Barnsley all season.
    If Bolton want to progress they need to change their manager.

Out of the 12 semi finalists - Oxford have been the 2nd most entertaining team to watch.
    The best IMO has been Crawley.
    343 - vertical football - database signings.
    Scott Lindsey their HC has been linked to Barnsley.
    If we get him or someone like him then I’ll be well chuffed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast