+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays games, where will we end up?

Todays games, where will we end up?

De Zerbi off at Brighton. That gives Man U a big advantage in their game against Brighton. Man U will win that one.

And Chelsea are in brilliant form, so they will tear Bournemouth a part. Thats a no brainer.

Cant really see us getting the the 3 points at Brentford, so that will see us ending up at 8th.

Just like we all predicted in November, really, when all the injuries kicked in after the Tonali ban.

Howe and the lads did string up a couple of good results towards the end, to gives us a little bit of hope, but it was always too little too late. Nobody can blame them, because they really made the most of it👏

Its been a fantastic season in many ways, with champions league games at SJP again and us giving the best teams in europe a good fight. But still, I cant help thinking, what could have been...

So tbh, I cant wait to get this season done with. And I'm really excited to see what this summer brings. A couple of smart signings, and we might have a really good season again.

Howay the lads! And fingers crossed my predictions for todays games is just a load of crap. 🤞

8th

There have been some undoubted highlights but this season has been a slog. Be glad to see the back of it, if I'm honest.

The unbelievable injuries have ruined it; it's been a seaon of missed opportunities and 'what-might-have-beens'. Granted, we've seen Miley and Anderson get game time, which has been brilliant. The emergence of Hall and Livramento, too, plus the cementing of Isak as one of the league's best strikers. The mackems will never, ever live down the way we took over their premier bar-suppoted by their club! And that photo in front of their home end, full of our fans...that will haunt them forever.

But, that and the PSG game aside, it's largely been about frustration and disappointment albeit interspersed with some cracking wins.

Aye, its been so frustrating. Every time we've had the chance to turn a corner, we've been knocked in the teeth, or should I say balls.

Today will be the same. Stonewall 8th, but the games still have to be played first...

I'm so fecking tired of clutching as straws 😂 It will be nice when its over 🤮

6th 7th or 8th

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    6th 7th or 8th

I think our only chance of 7th is if Brighton takes points off ManU because I think we’re capable only of a draw at Brentford just now.

Can we get Conference with 8th (or 7th)? - confused as hell about that.

If Brighton play as they can then they might get something off the red half of Manchester, here’s hoping anyway. If I’m being honest I think we will lose at Brentford and Manu wii draw. No Europe for us next season but that might not be such a bad thing, it depends how the players would see it, thats what worries me, Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Tonali, will they be bothered? Would they see us as a club that constantly underachieves? And maybe look to move to seriel winners, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, and yes even Manu, who could blame them. I suspect Eddie will be saying “ look just give it one more season, you’re still young” plenty of time left, and let’s see what we can do next season. That’s why we MUST make our intentions clear this summer, nervous times!

6th..

Bournemouth and Brighton both to win and we beat Brentford 4-0

I predicted 2:2 v the red mancs as our away form is average to poor. I'll go for a 2:2 draw again today and a 8th place finish.

This season has seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I am picking one of each.

Good: Champions League back at SJP
    Bad: Frankly a horrific run of injuries.
    Ugly: Tonali.

Feel free to add one of each of your own.

I think we will get 8th. For a season where we went back to the CL its been pretty mediocre since then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)