+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes or no

Yes or no

Do you want us to qualify for the European Conference League or not?

Yes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

Yes from me.
    Yes every time. A good chance of picking up a trophy and still, although a minor competition, it must help attract players we are trying to sign opposed to a club not playing in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

Yes from me.
    Yes.

I want City to win the FA Cup. We will then be favourites for the Conference League.

Good recruitment in the summer..let's get the first trophy and the monkey off our back.

Yes… and all reasons assume City win the FA Cup…. I reserve the right to completely change my tune if a major upset happens 😉

1. It’s another trophy to go for… and it’s a sh!t ton more likely we could pick that up than the CL this season.

2. Opposition is likely to be a sh!t ton more favourable for us… which means we can add a fair chunk of European coefficient and improve our standing in future European competitions.

3. It’s more TV money and income, all adds to the bottom line at the end of the FY

4. It’s still a European competition, more of a reason for players to stay and players to come to us over teams not in Europe.

5. It helps grows the brand by playing in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post

1. It’s another trophy to go for… and it’s a sh!t ton more likely we could pick that up than the CL this season.

2. Opposition is likely to be a sh!t ton more favourable for us… which means we can add a fair chunk of European coefficient and improve our standing in future European competitions.

3. It’s more TV money and income, all adds to the bottom line at the end of the FY

4. It’s still a European competition, more of a reason for players to stay and players to come to us over teams not in Europe.

Agree with all of this. I'd sooner have been in the Europa League, but this is still showing that we're heading in the right direction. Also an endorsement of Eddie, despite an impossible season with injuries

Yes..

One because it's winnable..

Two because if we did win it we get Europa League..

Twitchy bum time on Saturday

Yes from me.

If we get there, I dont expect Howe to play our strongest side. At least not until the spring.
    Say, if our midfield is Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, then we could play Longstaff, Willock, Miley in Europe. Saying that I hope we dont have same injury nightmare next season.

We keep our focus on finishing top-5 and get the most out of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Yes… and all reasons assume City win the FA Cup…. I reserve the right to completely change my tune if a major upset happens ��

100% all this.

Couldnt' have put it better myself.

Yes.

Wasn't certain a few weeks ago but I'm all in now.

Being described as the 'nobody gives a fck beaker' over on Clowns 'R' Us....

from the fans whose team finished 6 points above the drop into League 1

As a fan. Fk no.

From the clubs perspective, co-efficient, coverage, publicity, income, brand, blah blah. Yeah go on then.

Gotta say all of the above "benefits" will be limited as fk if it costs us top 4. You saw how Villa died on their arses at the end of the season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)