+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid Vaccine mRNA

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    You are correct. The times have changed though and during the time of the lockdown people were shîtting themselves and followed the guidelines for the betterment of others.

Making sure granny was safe was one to entice parents to have kids jabbed even though now we know that kids have a far greater chance of injury from the vaccine than they do of being seriously ill and being hospitalised with Covid.

Yet like the people over 75 the kids are still encouraged to have the vaccine. It doesn’t make sense!
    What's your evidence for the notion that we know that kids have a far greater chance of injury from the vaccine than they do of being seriously ill and being hospitalised with Covid.?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I’m not a fan of mandates, in part because they feed into conspiracy theories, but in the main because governments should be slow to interfere with individual freedoms.

The thing is though that some infringement of personal freedoms happens as a part of living in a society. As an example, the wearing of seatbelts is mandatory in the UK. Some people railed against that when it was proposed but it is generally accepted without protest now. I would imagine that is because there is a widespread acceptance that they benefit individuals and wider society even though seatbelts can and do cause injuries and even death in certain circumstances.

The benefits of the vaccines are less tangible than those from the wearing of seatbelts, because it’s impossible on an individual basis to know for certain if you have avoided death or long-term harm from a covid infection or have avoid passing it to a clinically vulnerable person, whereas you may be acutely aware if you have avoided going through your windscreen in a prang.

And then there’s the internet. If the imposition of a seatbelt mandate were only just being proposed, I suspect that Twitter would be packed full of stories about how seatbelts can damage livers and kidneys or cause myocardial contusion and even heart rupture (as they can in rare instances) and that RoSPA is a shady operation intent on world domination. Shouty right wing American TV presenters would get in on the grift, sorry, I meant act, decrying the plot against the driving public, in between adverts for guns and bibles.

In the UK, the taking of Covid vaccines was briefly mandated as a condition of being employed for front-line health and care workers (although I think it might have been dropped before it was rolled out – but I’m happy to be corrected on that). I would assume that the aim of that was to seek to protect the elderly and clinically vulnerable people that they came into contact with and to seek to reduce sick absence in those critical areas. How would that be achieved without vaccination?
    Wearing seatbelts are written into law and when you exit your vehicle you leave the seatbelt there.

Is a mandate a law? To mandate the injection of a drug and inject it into someone else’s body means it stays there permanently !

What's your evidence for the notion that we know that kids have a far greater chance of injury from the vaccine than they do of being seriously ill and being hospitalised with Covid.?
    It’s not my evidence Kerr. They are the findings of professional scientists.

What steps have you taken to satisfy yourself that anything said in the Tweet and video is true, Frog? Aren’t you concerned that you are simply spreading fear ****? Where’s the peer reviewed science a sopposed to a Tweet?

I see that the Tweeter is getting his excuses in early (or rather late, depending how you look at it). The antivaxxers have been predicting a mass die off from taking the Covid vaccines for four years without success. They now seem to be looking to suggest that any deaths in a H5N1 bird flu pandemic will actually be from the covid vaccines. Presumably they will be equally opposed to H5N1 vaccines and will have to roll any supposed deaths from them to the next pandemic.

Wearing seatbelts are written into law and when you exit your vehicle you leave the seatbelt there.

Is a mandate a law? To mandate the injection of a drug and inject it into someone else’s body means it stays there permanently !
    The vaccine mandates in the UK were ‘written into law’ in the form of the The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 and The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) (No. 2) Regulations 2022. A mandate without legal backing wouldn’t be much of a mandate.

Vaccines do not stay in the body permanently. The mRNA vaccines consisted mainly of water with a small amount of mRNA encapsulated in very small fatty particles. The fat is metabolised in the same way as any other fat and the mRNA is broken down in the same way as the body’s own mRNA is broken down. Most of it is gone within hours, with traces lasting for few days. The spike protein produced as a consequence of the introduction of the vaccine is broken down by the body’s immune response (which is the whole point of vaccinating – to produce an immune response). There are small quantities of preservative and stabiliser in the vaccines, but nothing that the body won’t encounter on a regular basis.

Contrast that with seatbelts. You have to put them on every time you drive or are driven in car and keep them on, risking such things as myocarditis in the event of a collision.

But nobody really baulks at wearing a seatbelt anymore. That’s because it’s easier to understand the relative risk – the risk of injury from the seatbelt or injury as opposed to that associated with slamming into the dashboard and going through the windscreen.

Study after study demonstrates that the risk of harm from the vaccines exceed that of being unvaccinated and catching covid, but the relative risk is harder to see and it is easier to whip up antivaxx feeling, because nobody really likes needles.

Perhaps seatbelts are really a plan by ‘them’ to reduce world population? I’m sure that if I checked I would find that BlackRock and those fiends at Legal and General hold shares in car safety equipment manufacturing companies (note to L&G’s lawyers – the reference to fiends was as part of a satirical comment and is not the view of the author).

It’s not my evidence Kerr. They are the findings of professional scientists.
    If I were unkind, I would say that your pedantry was an attempt to dodge the point that I was making.

Let me rephrase so that there can be no confusion – where is the science (by which I mean peer reviewed science) to support your assertion that that kids have a far greater chance of injury from the vaccine than they do of being seriously ill and being hospitalised with Covid?

If I were unkind, I would say that your pedantry was an attempt to dodge the point that I was making.

Let me rephrase so that there can be no confusion – where is the science (by which I mean peer reviewed science) to support your assertion that that kids have a far greater chance of injury from the vaccine than they do of being seriously ill and being hospitalised with Covid?
    You’ve dodged enough Kerr 😂

I’ll leave you to look back as I’m fed up of you using the likes of NY TIMES, the guardian etc when it suits.

Mind you you used to fact check everything but now you’re denouncing the publication.

You’ve already been given links to who owns which company but now you’re trying to turn the tables.

It’s a great strategy but I will ask you one question and please try to answer it yes or no.

Do you kno anyone who regret not having the vaccine ?

You’ve dodged enough Kerr 😂

I’ll leave you to look back as I’m fed up of you using the likes of NY TIMES, the guardian etc when it suits.

Mind you you used to fact check everything but now you’re denouncing the publication.

You’ve already been given links to who owns which company but now you’re trying to turn the tables.

It’s a great strategy but I will ask you one question and please try to answer it yes or no.

Do you know anyone who regret not having the vaccine ?

No Frog, you don’t get away with it that easily - life just isn’t like that. I have, in the main, answered your questions whereas I can barely recall you answering any of mine. Most recently you ignored the question in post 780: I would assume that the aim of [requiring front line health and care workers to be vaccinated] was to seek to protect the elderly and clinically vulnerable people that they came into contact with and to seek to reduce sick absence in those critical areas. How would that be achieved without vaccination?

Answers came there none, as per usual.

So when you said kids have a far greater chance of injury from the vaccine than they do of being seriously ill and being hospitalised with Covid, were you going full antivaxxer and just making it up? If not, why go all coy and refuse to share the evidence upon which the statement was based?

I know someone who was left feeling poorly for a few days after his first Pfizer jab and was refusing to have a further one when we last spoke. I know of three people who died of covid, albeit one of them was already very ill.

I'm only going to reply once btw.

Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast