+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: League 1 here we come.....

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If we do go down to L1, I expect it will be the financial situation that causes it, that is more of a worry to me than any perceived deficiencies in the management team or playing squad.
    Take your pick from any or all of the following to leave to balance the books; Trafford, Berge, Benson, Odobert, O'Shea, Ekdal or Beyer. Sadly there will no takers for either Amdouni or Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Take your pick from any or all of the following to leave to balance the books; Trafford, Berge, Benson, Odobert, O'Shea, Ekdal or Beyer. Sadly there will no takers for either Amdouni or Foster.
    Come on Bt don’t be like the absolute doom and gloomers - we spent what we spent and we have young players with in experience that will be better for the poor season.

Amdouni is 23 years young and scored 5 goals in his first go at the best league in the world and he’s ridiculed for it.

I’m not blind to seeing our faults by the way before everyone gets all defensive and shouts for VK s head again.

There are lots of non understanding people - posters on here - we gambled and it did t work for us - but I still go back to what we should have done and who we should have bought with all the experience we needed to survive and for a pittance of money.

The premier league has moved on at such a rate and the standards have risen that spending a 100 million to build a squad just isn’t enough - we could debate all day who we think is good enough and who isn’t but all I know is that the zarourys and a bensons of the world did not deliver when required - i witnessed this with my own eyes and yet people persist in insisting they should have played.

I really can not understand how people can’t accept this time around we just weren’t good enough that’s it - we bought prospects and it didn’t pay off.

Let’s not forget people like Chelsea had de Bruyne and Salah and let them both leave and now they’re two of the best in world football.

I think Trafford will move because if I’m honest our following could ruin his career going forward - the Dyche era has gone he’s no longer our manager - the sooner the fans accept that and stop trying to compare big boot and hope to football the better it will be.

Dyche has done an absolutely incredible job at Goodison Park. What on earth was Pace thinking about sacking him?

Name:  Dyche34.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  50.9 KB

Can't agree with Army that the Premier league as moved on a few notches, not having it.

Pace shoulders a lot of blame by giving Kompany the nod on youth instead of experience, with Kompany getting it dreadfully wrong.

Sheffield United spent nothing. Luton spent 25m at most. Forest and Everton had points deductions. We have never had a easier chance to retain our Premier league status

I like most regulars I speak to, feel that next season won't be any walk in the park like our last championship one. Kompany has caused so much damage and burnt so many bridges, that I honestly think the damage is unrepairable

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Can't agree with Army that the Premier league as moved on a few notches, not having it.

Pace shoulders a lot of blame by giving Kompany the nod on youth instead of experience, with Kompany getting it dreadfully wrong.

Sheffield United spent nothing.
    Didn't Sheff.Utd spend on
    Cameron Archer 18M
    Gustavo Hamer 15M
    Vinicius Souza 13M
    Austin Trusty 6M
    Traore 6M
    🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Dyche has done an absolutely incredible job at Goodison Park.
    Totally agree mon ami, give Everton their 8 pnt deduction back and they finish just 12 points behind Manchester United and Newcastle. Given that he's managing a potless basketcase of a club on the verge of Admin, that is absolutely incredible indeed. Sean Dyche is Manager of the Season for me, and by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Totally agree mon ami, give Everton their 8 pnt deduction back and they finish just 12 points behind Manchester United and Newcastle. Given that he's managing a potless basketcase of a club on the verge of Admin, that is absolutely incredible indeed. Sean Dyche is Manager of the Season for me, and by a country mile.
    They have and had an incredible squad hence why they broke FFP so the players are better and should be competitive in the premier league

Dyche is a decent manager but I’m afraid I have to disagree slightly on this one - to mark that he also got Burnley’s best centre back and the only creative spark we had ( incidentally many slagged Dwight off on here saying he’d lost the plot - his edge - spark whatever. ).

For all their problems ( most their own doing ) not Dyches of course but Everton have a solid foundation of Premier league players - much more than at Burnley.

They were spending 25 million and more on single players back in 2015 something we still haven’t managed a full 10 years later.

This season we under achieved against the top teams in the UK but with a bit of luck we could have stayed up. VK has shown his worth in the Championship so we have to give him a chance at redemption. I don't think League 1 beckons but if he doesn't get us back up the 5 year plan is up that place where you lose your paddles.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    They have and had an incredible squad hence why they broke FFP so the players are better and should be competitive in the premier league

Dyche is a decent manager but I’m afraid I have to disagree slightly on this one - to mark that he also got Burnley’s best centre back and the only creative spark we had ( incidentally many slagged Dwight off on here saying he’d lost the plot - his edge - spark whatever. ).

For all their problems ( most their own doing ) not Dyches of course but Everton have a solid foundation of Premier league players - much more than at Burnley.

They were spending 25 million and more on single players back in 2015 something we still haven’t managed a full 10 years later.
    Ancelotti & Lampard could not stabilise Everton Football Club. Sean Dyche has and brushed off the points deduction like my dad used to swat flies.

Dyche is the EPL Manager of the Season without any doubt.

Odd that I don't hear about Everton playing a "Long Ball Game" either.

Dyche has worked miracles at Everton. Remember the club sold their 2 best players Richarlson and Gordon over the last couple of seasons.
    Premier league survival is all about being strong at the back with clean sheets, something Kompany didn't get.

Dyche has always built his sides on a strong defence with hard work off the ball, in closing down. Dyche would have kept us up, but not with the Kompany signings who haven't been good enough, and never will be good enough to play the Kompany or Dyche way

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)