+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blood scandal

And too many people think it's great when survival rates for serious illness is low in this country compared to many of our European neighbours, Australia, NZ and Japan.

I think people have been indoctrinated into thinking it's a wonderful organisation when it's not with other countries in most comparables.

If I hear about another nurse or junior doctor complaining aboot having to use food banks I don't think my radio will survive another car journey to the golf.

And there involvement in the COVID scandal will never be forgiven as long as I draw breath.

On a slightly more positive note my ****e GP surgery ( not been open since march 2020 ) closed permanently and I've been shifted to coldside.

2 dealings with them, both dealt with promptly and efficiently.......came as a rather nice surprise compared to what I've had to tolerate for the last two decades.

Fingers crossed that continues.......as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's overfunded......massively
    Where,s the money going then?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Into a massive black hole.

A monster of an organisation that no matter how much money is chucked at it......it needs more.

To many senior management on £100k plus wages, they are similar to councils all over the country, unimportant management on massive wages, the problem is they’d need to do away with their own jobs to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    To many senior management on £100k plus wages, they are similar to councils all over the country, unimportant management on massive wages, the problem is they’d need to do away with their own jobs to fix it
    NHS biggest outlay is staff costs.

NHS has had its budget increased by 3.6% in real terms, year on year since 1956.

Now obviously it does a lot more than it used to but every increase they get has to come off something else ......imho it's never ending.

Slightly different but read that a ScotRail train driver earned £107k last year......good work if you can get it.

NHS has had its budget increased by 3.6% in real terms, year on year since 1956.

Now obviously it does a lot more than it used to but every increase they get has to come off something else ......imho it's never ending.

Slightly different but read that a ScotRail train driver earned £107k last year......good work if you can get it.
    Be surprised if £107k was true, know they’re on £60k plus, boy must have done some overtime to get to that figure
    Probably the Sun newspaper reporting it

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Be surprised if £107k was true, know they’re on £60k plus, boy must have done some overtime to get to that figure
    Probably the Sun newspaper reporting it
    Mail on Sunday, freedom of information.

I suppose you could argue that health care is the most important thing we need.
    I agree we jdfc tho, management will be no doubt coining it in for doing very little.Surgeons and most nurses deserve a decent wage.The ones I have encountered anyway.

I suppose you could argue that health care is the most important thing we need.
    I agree we jdfc tho, management will be no doubt coining it in for doing very little.Surgeons and most nurses deserve a decent wage.The ones I have encountered anyway.
    They have got decent wages dosent stop the greed

I wonder if the cost was calculated per head of population that might give a better idea of how we pay for our Health service. It isn't free. We all pay for it through our taxes, VAT etc. You could break it down via health boards and even smaller units like Doctors' surgeries.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)