+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Wayne Hennessey released by Forest
    Harry Arter has also finally left the building. I’m gutted there wasn’t another extension clause buried deep within his contract:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28049...remier-league/

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Harry Arter has also finally left the building. I’m gutted there wasn’t another extension clause buried deep within his contract:

Thank you for your brilliant contribution Harry.

Apart from when you wore a Notts shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    We're allowed two overseas players and we have one already
    Unless I'm missing something somewhere about two overseas players, according to EFL regs re squad lists (reg 44.9):

"in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be
    a Home Grown Player."

Isn't the kerfuffle about getting overseas players to do with the players we are likely to be able to afford not having enough 'qualifying points' where ever they're currently playing to get a permit to play in EFL?

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Unless I'm missing something somewhere about two overseas players, according to EFL regs re squad lists (reg 44.9):

"in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be
    a Home Grown Player."

Isn't the kerfuffle about getting overseas players to do with the players we are likely to be able to afford not having enough 'qualifying points' where ever they're currently playing to get a permit to play in EFL?
    Its not EFL rules but Home Office rules for Work Permits

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Its not EFL rules but Home Office rules for Work Permits
    With points based on full or youth international appearances, quality of the club and league the player is coming from.
    So technically we could sign more than 2, however, that would be highly unlikely given we are not likely to sign some Spanish u21 international from Real Madrid.

"whilst EFL Leagues One and Two can sign up to two - who do not meet the current points requirements for endorsement." so we can sign more than two if they meet the points requirement.

The owners said it was 2, I’m sure they’ve done their homework and know what’s realistic too.

Well it's more than two in theory. Perhaps it's two as far as we are concerned with Radar doing the "unrecognised potential asset" thing, that type of player would not meet the endorsement requirements (as mentione above). Sort of sets our expectations really.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

Just in time for his retirement as no club is ever going to touch him!

Seen us linked with 23 year old centre back Josh Flint who is leaving Dutch top tier side Volendam this summer, previously of Portsmouth and Bognor Regis.

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast