+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    How about not playing him at all. His legs have gone and he doesn't fit into our system.
    You keep coming out with remarks that are hard to disagree with!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    You keep coming out with remarks that are hard to disagree with!
    I find durham's comments very easy to disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I find durham's comments very easy to disagree with.
    Its all about opinions, I want to see us progress with players who are hungry and have something to prove, not to see ones who just want one last season for old time sake.. I will be very disappointed if he starts for us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its all about opinions, I want to see us progress with players who are hungry and have something to prove, not to see ones who just want one last season for old time sake.. I will be very disappointed if he starts for us next season.
    Normally you would be right with this but McGoldrick is a bit different as it's his home club and if it had not been for that we would no way have signed him. However he has definitely been disappointing in large parts. Let's judge him on the next season, surely his last in the EFL although I do think most of his appearances will be from the bench.

Bradford making moves, signing midfielder Antoni Sarcevic and defender Neill Byrne from Stockport.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cw99ldl21ego

Hopefully we're in for Croasdale?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Bradford making moves, signing midfielder Antoni Sarcevic and defender Neill Byrne from Stockport.

Croasdale makes too much sense for us to be after him.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post

Makes way to sense that fella, all the good ones are being snapped up by opposition we dont usually make our move till the **** is left.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Normally you would be right with this but McGoldrick is a bit different as it's his home club and if it had not been for that we would no way have signed him. However he has definitely been disappointing in large parts. Let's judge him on the next season, surely his last in the EFL although I do think most of his appearances will be from the bench.
    He still managed 13 goals last season which isn't too bad for the position he was playing.

Young hungry players are OK but you need some old heads in there too that knows the game inside out.

You'd like to think we will make one very good signing very shortly. It will make a statement to others plus would also boost season ticket sales, for those who are having doubts after the run in, the 2nd half of the season & Coach appointment. The longer it goes without a signing or two, those who have money set a side may spend it elsewhere. Despite sales being ahead of last year, I doubt we will get near 6k again

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    You'd like to think we will make one very good signing very shortly. It will make a statement to others plus would also boost season ticket sales, for those who are having doubts after the run in, the 2nd half of the season & Coach appointment. The longer it goes without a signing or two, those who have money set a side may spend it elsewhere. Despite sales being ahead of last year, I doubt we will get near 6k again
    I'd love us to make a statement signing, like bringing in Croasdale or Sarcevic or someone else we've all heard of, but given that our strategy is to maximise value with every decision, I'm not sure that will happen. Loads of clubs will be after these high-profile freebies, so to land one, we'd have to offer big money. I'm just not sure that's what we'll do.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast