+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Retained List Out

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    As said SB - I would have sacked Collins in September / October of last year.
    Those that follow the club closely would probably have done the same.
    Comments from the crowd indicate that.
    The directors have been very patient with Collins.
    But better late than never.

As for Thalhammer - I’ve had experience of immigration - it’s an absolute minefield.
    So I’ve no complaints against the club on that score.
    I wasn’t surprised that you had tho.
    If Thalhammer had had the appropriate experience to qualify for a Work Visa then the "immigration" rules would not be an issue. He would be a skilled worker coming in on a legal route.

The club messed up because they did not examine the Work Visa regulations in the correct manner.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If Thalhammer had had the appropriate experience to qualify for a Work Visa then the "immigration" rules would not be an issue. He would be a skilled worker coming in on a legal route.

The club messed up because they did not examine the Work Visa regulations in the correct manner.
    Not quite right.

O’Kane said - the club knew he didn’t have the appropriate experience but they would win the appeal if it went to an appeal.
    But they lost the appeal.

And that’s because - as we can all see from our televisions - immigration is becoming a red hot topic that this Conservative government is struggling with.
    No matter what the media might say - it’s extremely difficult to emigrate to this country now.
    Hence the boat people.

Not quite right.

O’Kane said - the club knew he didn’t have the appropriate experience but they would win the appeal if it went to an appeal.

And that’s because - as we can all see from our televisions - immigration is becoming a red hot topic that this Conservative government is struggling with.
    No matter what the media might say - it’s extremely difficult to emigrate to this country now.
    Hence the boat people.
    He lost any appeal because he was a good way short of the qualifications required. It wasn't a marginal case where he had,say, 34 of the 36 months required. Taking a punt on an outside chance of winning an appeal is not the way to run a business.

Parekh took a punt and got it wrong. It was a bad call, as was taking a punt on sacking a HC as a club was entering the Play Offs.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-05-2024 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He lost any appeal because he was a good way short of the qualifications required. It wasn't a marginal case where he had,say, 34 of the 36 months required. Taking a punt on an outside chance of winning an appeal is not the way to run a business.

Parekh took a punt and got it wrong. It was a bad call, as was taking a punt on sacking a HC as a club was entering the Play Offs.
    I bet you wished you could say things like this to others on here like Animal.
    Admit it - it’s great being able to say what yer want to me without being scared init ???
    Knowing that I’m not sensitive to comments - that i’ll not take offence. So you can say what yer want during an argument.
    Having to agree all the time with some of the others must be really frustrating.

So then.
    I’d be extremely surprised if the advice to run with Thalhammer - and then if need be take it to an appeal - didn’t come from an immigration lawyer.
    Things like this are not approached in an adhoc way.

The directors failed to get that one over the line.
    They will fail to get other HCs and players over the line.
    But that’s the nature of the game init.

Yours Sincerely
    Spanner

I bet you wished you could say things like this to others on here like Animal.
    Admit it - it’s great being able to say what yer want to me without being scared init ???
    Knowing that I’m not sensitive to comments - that i’ll not take offence. So you can say what yer want during an argument.
    Having to agree all the time with some of the others must be really frustrating.

So then.
    I’d be extremely surprised if the advice to run with Thalhammer - and then if need be take it to an appeal - didn’t come from an immigration lawyer.
    Things like this are not approached in an adhoc way.

The directors failed to get that one over the line.
    They will fail to get other HCs and players over the line.
    But that’s the nature of the game init.

Yours Sincerely
    Spanner
    I haven't a clue what you are on about in that first paragraph. My responses to you are usually to correct errors of fact and always phrased in a courteous manner. As for having to agree with others all the time a good example would be my views on employing Ismael are at odds with many on this board but differences are discussed without resorting to personal abuse.

In the rest of the post you claimed earlier the club had employed an immigration lawyer, now you're saying the advice may have come from a lawyer. You don't know do you. It's only your speculation. Other clubs seem to be able to get players and HC's in from abroad and play eligible players in Cup Ties without problems--why is it always us ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-05-2024 at 12:24 PM.

SB - you know exactly what I’m describing in that first paragraph.
    The word ‘cautious’ springs to mind.

Yes I’m speculating that an immigration lawyer will have been involved - as in cases like this it would be foolhardy not to ask for legal advice.

As you are speculating that it was Nareev himself that filled in the immigration forms while he was sat in the bath one night.

BTW - I made up the bit about sat in the bath.

SB - you know exactly what I’m describing in that first paragraph.
    The word ‘cautious’ springs to mind.

Yes I’m speculating that an immigration lawyer will have been involved - as in cases like this it would be foolhardy not to ask for legal advice.

As you are speculating that it was Nareev himself that filled in the immigration forms while he was sat in the bath one night.

BTW - I made up the bit about sat in the bath.
    Nope, still unsure. Are you saying my views often concur with other posters ? There may be a simple answer to that one. The simple answer is that I mostly agree with what they say.

Neerav employs a group of Senior Officers to advise the board including a Chief Executive Officer, a Sporting Director and a Head of Football Operations/ Club Secretary to oversee the completion of Visa Forms and advise whether applicants meet any requirements.

Not quite right.

Hence the boat people.
    No it isn't , we have record number of migrants coming to this country legally plus the illegal route .

80% of them are unskilled workers because that's what our businesses are demanding , the government tries to hide all this from you with the complicit media because as you say it's a hot topic .

Over 700k have arrived here perfectly legally in the last 12 months .

So no you don't know anything about immigration you just make assumptions that you dress up as facts and believe everything you are told .

Animal - I’ve someone from Bangladesh living here with me.
    She’s my daughter in law.
    She’s been here just over a year.
    I helped her with the legal stuff to get here.
    She would not be here without an immigration lawyer.

Animal - I’ve someone from Bangladesh living here with me.
    She’s my daughter in law.
    She’s been here just over a year.
    I helped her with the legal stuff to get here.
    She would not be here without an immigration lawyer.
    So then it really isn't that difficult then is it if she's been here a year and a layman such as yourself helped her .

That just contradicts everything you've said when you've defended the club with the work permit fiasco .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast