+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    They have got decent wages dosent stop the greed
    depends what you class as decent I suppose,a surgeon saving lives daily is worth a lot more imo than any management of the nhs.

There are armies of Civil Servants, PR people and solicitors who are employed to keep things private and away from the public. I would not allow any organisation to employ people to fulfil these functions. It would save a fortune, mistakes could be made and lessons learned. no need to sack someone for a mistake but a wee written warning works fine, imo.

Average nurse.................... £ 37,000
    Average junior doc year 1..£ 41,300
    Average junior doc final year...£71,300
    Average GP Scotland..........£ 84,000
    Average consultant FT........£143,100

Nobody should be queuing for a food bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Average nurse.................... £ 37,000
    Average junior doc year 1..£ 41,300
    Average junior doc final year...£71,300
    Average GP Scotland..........£ 84,000
    Average consultant FT........£143,100

Nobody should be queuing for a food bank.
    Many leave the nhs to get better salaries in either private or other countries,my cousin moved to oz as wages as a nurse were much better.As for the food bank reference I have no idea if nurses are visiting foodbanks but possibly a nurse on a starting grade of under 30k with kids might struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Many leave the nhs to get better salaries in either private or other countries,my cousin moved to oz as wages as a nurse were much better.As for the food bank reference I have no idea if nurses are visiting foodbanks but possibly a nurse on a starting grade of under 30k with kids might struggle.
    The cost of living in Australia is much higher so I'm not surprised they are paid more but they don't have an incredibly generous pension scheme.

Sickness benefit whilst working for NHS is also incredibly generous.

You also have discounts at many stores because you work for the NHS

If you are gonna struggle with an above average salary with 3 children......I'd suggest not having 3 children......you ain't forced to or cutting your cloth to suit your circumstances.

The claim at last election and when nurses were on strike was that they were having to visit food banks.

£37 k a year visiting a food bank, is either sheer greed or inability to budget and prioritise.

Ave Aus nurse £45,000

Average Aus nurse salary is just below national average

Average nurse UK is a few thousand above national average

Average Scottish nurse well above Scottish average

NHS is a well paid job with plenty added benefits

All I know is my cousin bought land a built a brand new house on her own so obviously earning more than £45k.As for nurses etc budgeting its wholly dependant on individual circumstances so difficult to comment on.12 hour shifts and 3/4 year degree to qualify so the starting salary of under 30k is not that great imo.Plenty other jobs would pay more.

I've known nurses, not newly qualified, in two income household and with no kids, using foodbanks. Greedy, greedy *******s.

I've also known an assistant head teacher at a Dundee school using foodbanks. She is in a two income household and has two kids, they are not 'poor'. Greedy, greedy *******s.

Someone asked me on my way into ASDA last week if I wanted to donate to a foodbank. I told them to **** off.

For the record I didn't actually say **** off - I just politely declined her leaflet.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Where,s the money going then?
    Used to work for the NHS - a massive chunk of any funding the NHS receives goes into pensions. They have got to be one of the worst run large organisations in the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)