+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 2024/25

Left Back wise, I would be looking at Caneron Harper at ICT. Too good for league 1 for sure so csnt see him wsnting to stay. Also comfortable in midfield, good age and an excellent left foot. Fits the "model" too as might develop into a saleable asset. Think he is out of contract but only issue is ICT may be due some compensation for him. If they go bust though......

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    Not necessarily .

Its been pretty widely accepted that we have been very good payers for many years now dating back to when Levein took the managers job right through to present times with guys like Watt , Sibbald , Birighetti & Moult to name a few who are all on big salaries so I don't think The Fun are going to outbid us when it comes to players.

The owner and manger will know that major investment is required in the playing staff if we are to be anything other than involved in a relegation battle this season .
    Goodwin has already stated he's aiming for top 6 which encourages me as that would indicate he knows the level of players we require and these types aren't going to come cheap .

I know we aren't in a very good place financially as a club but likewise if a manager is saying hes aiming for top 6 knowing the likes of Aberdeen & Hibs are going to strengthen along with an already strong Old Firm & Hearts and two very decent and well established sides in Killie & St Mirren then it would suggest to me we are gong to be continuing to offer payers oretty good deals whuich is what is going to need to happen as part of this rebuild that is most definitely required .
    I know we have overspent on players especially that keeper and Watt but that was under the stewardship of The Big Man and them days are well and truly over.Only my opinion of course but it does not really matter how many season tickets we shift i still think our budget will be a fraction of what Asghar got away with.

As for the spending between them and us the groundsman hasnie went across the road because he has a better pitch to work on has he?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I know we have overspent on players especially that keeper and Watt but that was under the stewardship of The Big Man and them days are well and truly over.Only my opinion of course but it does not really matter how many season tickets we shift i still think our budget will be a fraction of what Asghar got away with.

As for the spending between them and us the groundsman hasnie went across the road because he has a better pitch to work on has he?.
    It's almost certain he'll be earning more there I'd imagine. BUT, there is an interesting challenge there for him along with the prospect of a (don't snigger now) new stadium to work at/develop

You'd have to think having spent a year in the championship coming up against and scouting opponents they've identified a few possible players they think can make the step up.

Well if the purse strings aren't going to be opened then any notion of us targeting top 6 ,as Goodwin has come out and said is his target, should be forgotten about before we get going because I can count probably 3 or maybe ,at a push 4, from our squad last season that would start in the SPL and one was our keeper who may not return .

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    Well if the purse strings aren't going to be opened then any notion of us targeting top 6 ,as Goodwin has come out and said is his target, should be forgotten about before we get going because I can count probably 3 or maybe ,at a push 4, from our squad last season that would start in the SPL and one was our keeper who may not return .
    On a brighter note i would caveat what i have said is under the Ogren regime,there is a chance Jim could be targeting top six knowing a bigger budget will be available under a different owner or with investment incoming.

Is the next Armand Benneker or Van der Meulen signing any time soon? All gone quiet on that front.

Talking

the boy likes a challenge

Seemingly looking to sign on loan st Johnston back up keeper Dave Richard’s who is currently with crew Alexander. Hasn’t played a game for saints this season due to current keepers form.

Seen Simon Murray mentioned on here and elsewhere from time to time. Rumour that the Fun want him, no idea if we do. Back a few years ago some folk said he was a Fun fan, others claimed he was a United fan.
    Can someone put this to bed once and for all, is he a Funster or an Arab?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)