+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa May

Voting is for who you think best represents you and your family. Who you think will look after your countries welfare and who offers prosperity for as many people as possible.
    I like the SNP as I dream of a nationalist country that looks after itself. However I don't want to be part of the big farce of this European super power that gives nobodies a good wage and is ruining countries.
    I will vote Yes at a next referendum as I believe that Scotland could do a lot better away from a Conservative or Labour dictation but not being part of this European farce is the way I would prefer we went.
    I remember saying to a good friend (a true Dons fan and a nationalist as he worked for the SNP..now sadly passed away) that the SNP wanting to be part of this European parliament would be their downfall. He argued the case that Europe had a far greater say in things than we imagined...that was my problem though.
    Politics at the moment is getting woefully boring as it's the media who report and pick what they want you to hear or see....and they certainly have their own agendas.
    Vote for what you believe in...Doesn't make you a bad person but don't vote for a party just for the sake of voting.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Voting is for who you think best represents you and your family. Who you think will look after your countries welfare and who offers prosperity for as many people as possible.
    Hence the reason for me not voting for the second time in a row as i dont feel any of them live up to the above.

I dont believe in any of them along with 55.4% of where i live who also shunned it

I had never missed a vote prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hence the reason for me not voting for the second time in a row as i dont feel any of them live up to the above.

I dont believe in any of them along with 55.4% of where i live who also shunned it

I had never missed a vote prior.
    The same as myself... I never voted either out of principle. Clackmannanshire council had the SNP running it then they resigned... labour took over and chucked it also right at their budget! I believe that the Conservatives got a few extra seats as an expense of people like myself who didn't vote. I certainly don't want them running my country and unfortunately we are going to end up with them for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The same as myself... I never voted either out of principle. Clackmannanshire council had the SNP running it then they resigned... labour took over and chucked it also right at their budget! I believe that the Conservatives got a few extra seats as an expense of people like myself who didn't vote. I certainly don't want them running my country and unfortunately we are going to end up with them for the foreseeable future.
    None of my business - no representation without taxation. But i would say vote. A lot of people sacrificed to give people the vote (it's actually compulsory here) so by all means vote raving looney , tory or any of the crazies but vote.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    None of my business - no representation without taxation. But i would say vote. A lot of people sacrificed to give people the vote (it's actually compulsory here) so by all means vote raving looney , tory or any of the crazies but vote.
    I was told in Modern Studies never to waste a vote by not voting. You dont get a say if you dont vote. I dont buy that at all. Why vote if you dont agree with any of them. Thats like eating a dog turd because its available to eat knowing fine you winna like it

I was told in Modern Studies never to waste a vote by not voting. You dont get a say if you dont vote. I dont buy that at all. Why vote if you dont agree with any of them. Thats like eating a dog turd because its available to eat knowing fine you winna like it
    But how they going to know you're upset

But how they going to know you're upset
    By my cock and ballsed ballot paper in the post

By my cock and ballsed ballot paper in the post
    Touche

But that's kind of what i meant

Yep, you could make the argument about just vote....but it would be trying to say vote for the best of a bad bunch! I am talking about councillors not MSP's or MP's. My local council (Clackmannanshire) is run by absolute dumplings. Corruption in councils across the country has to be looked at...I would like councillors to be totally transparent to their local wards. That certainly would be interesting!

You're the 1st person i've seen, apart from myself, that did modern studies! I thought I imagined that standard grade

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast