+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Well I'm glad you are a #TopRed

Otherwise those that didn't go yesterday wouldn't have known about;

"if we had scored our one chance it would have opened hearts up..."

"McLaughlin made some good saves"

"Hearts came for a point...but we could have easily won the game as well".
    Aldo min, you just pissed off as your one that doesn’t come to games.
    Your choice....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was asking a genuine question and not criticising. I find it weird that we went to break down the most frugal of defences in the league with one up front. A one who is a cracking goal scorer who is out of sorts as he has been starved of service .(Mon Niall min help the loon)

Why was the same approach to the Hibs game not taken? That game proved that we can blow anyone away at home when we go for the jugular. Instead we have had a turgid 0-0 with Farts, A poor performance and a 1-0 win v bottom of the league(at the time) Partick, Fabulous win v Hibs, layed down and got our bellies tickled by the Sevco,sh@te v Motherwell ,a win v Ross County that was pretty dire viewing and well and truly schooled by celtic is a shocking manner(acceptable to some).In other words our home for has been pretty grim since we lost our unbeaten run to the pigs. 10 from 21 is not a good stat for home form

Our 6 wins in the last 12 home and away doesn't seem to be worrying anyone. That kind of form wont hold on to second spot.
    The difference between Hibs and Hearts was not our set up or approach.
    The difference was how the opposition set up.
    You’ve alluded to that yourself with how teams come to Pittodrie.

Just to remind you and everyone else, despite your negative perception, we have attained more points this year so far compared with our record achieving total last year at the same stage.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lol, no. I’m a “top don” as I don’t criticise the team when I’ve not seen them play.

Also, you don’t think they were defensive , maybe we should go 5-4-1 and sit on the edge of our box then.
    Is that your tactic to be more attacking?

Just to remind you, there was times we only had 2 defenders (Arnason and McKenna) with Logan and Shinnie pushed forward.
    Your must be a Wind Up Merchant.
    Lol, at least your making me smile with your viewpoint (or lack of )

Sorry pal, you have just taken what I said the wrong way:
    I did state that Hearts were defensive (and that was meant) and played a 5-4-1. Correct?
    My main point though is that Hearts even with their defensive approach mustered the same amount of shots on target as us and that is something we vastly need to improve on.
    I liked Hulldon’s answer to the debate of using defensive players to do the attacking work...fair play.
    I could counter though and say McLean (under McInnes) plays a deeper role nowadays and to be honest it certainly does him no favours. Shinnie is also a defensive midfielder generally (under McInnes) not an attacking midfielder. O’Conner is useless...in games when he is really required he goes missing and offers nothing.
    I just don’t like the balance of our team as we cannot attack threatening enough and we all agree we cannot defend good enough against the better teams we come up against.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Sorry pal, you have just taken what I said the wrong way:
    I did state that Hearts were defensive (and that was meant) and played a 5-4-1. Correct?
    My main point though is that Hearts even with their defensive approach mustered the same amount of shots on target as us and that is something we vastly need to improve on.
    I liked Hulldon’s answer to the debate of using defensive players to do the attacking work...fair play.
    I could counter though and say McLean (under McInnes) plays a deeper role nowadays and to be honest it certainly does him no favours. Shinnie is also a defensive midfielder generally (under McInnes) not an attacking midfielder. O’Conner is useless...in games when he is really required he goes missing and offers nothing.
    I just don’t like the balance of our team as we cannot attack threatening enough and we all agree we cannot defend good enough against the better teams we come up against.
    Shinnie especially and McLean burst forward beyond the strikers.
    I would disagree with your assessment of McLean too, we will badly miss him when he leaves

Aldo min, you just pissed off as your one that doesn’t come to games.
    Your choice....
    What's my choice?

#TopRed

Just to remind you and everyone else, despite your negative perception, we have attained more points this year so far compared with our record achieving total last year at the same stage.
    Last season first ten games DDWLDWWWWL
    This season first ten games WWWWDDWWWL

The difference being excellent start this season is keeping us second for now. The two seasons are opposite so far we have gone down hill this season after a good start where we got better as the season went on after a poor start last season

If our erratic form continues we will be quickly replaced in second. Since that embarrassing mullering to the pigs at Pittodrie we have went down hill. 6 wins in 12 is proof. We are lucky sevco have done the same.

Guys just be happy ur not a hun.

������������������

Shinnie especially and McLean burst forward beyond the strikers.
    I would disagree with your assessment of McLean too, we will badly miss him when he leaves
    What do you disagree with about McLean? I said he plays in a deeper role for McInnes and I think it does not suit his game and that will be a major factor on why he wants to leave.
    He is another player that too often in bigger matches doesn’t contribute nearly enough as a footballer. Maybe him leaving will suit both him and the club.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What do you disagree with about McLean? I said he plays in a deeper role for McInnes and I think it does not suit his game and that will be a major factor on why he wants to leave.
    He is another player that too often in bigger matches doesn’t contribute nearly enough as a footballer. Maybe him leaving will suit both him and the club.
    I think McLean flatters to deceive. Without a doubt, he is very skilful and has a great left foot. Also, he does actually track back a lot and is quite central to our play.

However, for playing in (almost) every game, his contribution in terms of goals and assists would be extremely low. I think we are not getting the best of him, and a move, as RJ says, may suit all.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I think McLean flatters to deceive. Without a doubt, he is very skilful and has a great left foot. Also, he does actually track back a lot and is quite central to our play.

However, for playing in (almost) every game, his contribution in terms of goals and assists would be extremely low. I think we are not getting the best of him, and a move, as RJ says, may suit all.
    Correct. Trying to recall McLean from when he played at St Mirren; I can remember a 2-2 draw at Pittodrie when we were leading 2-0; dropping into defence in order in initiate attacks to get his team back in the game, he wasn't.

How many goals has he scored here, in 3 years? Must be under 10?

Not a huge loss, when he goes. Not in the same way Christie will be

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast