re: O/T Film Thread

Sausage Party

I dont want to know

Link no working

Working now - view external link

Eddie The Eagle.
    Bit lightweight for my taste, follows a similar path to Cool Runnings which was funnier. On returning home I had a look at wiki to see how much of the stuff in the film actually occurred. As it happens, not a hell of a lot. About the only thing that was accurate was that he finished last.

Watched Black Mass with Jonny Depp. Thought it would be better than it was due to the subject matter(Whitey Bulger). I wouldnt say it was bad. Just didnt live up to the hype i had in my head.

the make up tho the make up ooft

Any idea when the Miles Davis film's on release?

Quote Originally Posted by blinlemon
    Any idea when the Miles Davis film's on release?

Released on 22 April according to link - view external link

Deep Web....

Was at a loose end and watched this. It's about that American chap who allegedly started that 'Silk Road' website which allowed users to buy and sell all sorts of illegal stuff anonymously. An incredible amount of time, money and resources pumped in to figuring out who was the mastermind of it all. F.B.I, State police, customs, postal service and , it seems, with a little bit of help from the National Security Agency when they needed the dirty part of the investigation to be done.

Can't help feel for the guy who is now serving a life term with out the possibility of parole. Some dodgy, and maybe illegal methods by the feds to identify him, 5000 thousand page documents only handed over a week before trial, defence witnesses banned from taking the stand. Guy had no chance. They wanted a conviction and nothing was going to stop them getting it.

And all this for nothing, as multiple other similar sites are popping up all over in it's place.

The war on drugs c

Go to The Belmont a couple of times a month at least. Seen some excellent films and some less so, but much prefer it there than the herds of popcorn guzzling sheep at the multiplexes. The films are generally more interesting than the average big screen ****e too. Saw Dheepan last w/e, about a family of Sri Lankan refugees stuck in a drug dealing area of some French city. Pretty interesting and extremely well acted.

Watched Hail Caesar last night......Wife fell asleep , I ploughed on hoping it would get better..........It didn't.

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast