+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Hibs V Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Scott McKenna is a poor defender

Said it before and yesterday cemented it

Discuss
    He's p1sh,should've taken the money offered for him in the summer,he made Ash Taylor look good yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    He's p1sh,should've taken the money offered for him in the summer,he made Ash Taylor look good yesterday
    He’s still a better defender than Considine.

I’m sure you will throw a hissy fit because I said that but why has Considine never been capped for Scotland or had multi million pound bids put in for him?

Hissy fit in 5,4,3,2......

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I’m sure you will throw a hissy fit because I said that but why has Considine never been capped for Scotland or had multi million pound bids put in for him?

Watch out you’ll have the same bloke on your case as I had when I said no one had ever bid for considine and he said they may have been kept secret

Because he's a better defender than Considine basically,but thats nothing to shout about,doesnt change the fact he's p1sh, i dont defend Considine on here either so not sure what where your coming from?

That’s no use aldo.

What happens if we sack McInnes and the happy clappers don’t like his replacement and stop going?

You boys need to make more of a commitment to the club if you want big changes.

As soon as McInnes is sacked get that season ticket bought.
    I wouldn't get any use out of a season ticket. Way too much on the go to dedicate my life to travelling up to games every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Hes positioning is alarming at 23 year old. He not learning from his mistakes either

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    We don't have an Aberdeen FC team as such, it seems to me more like a team full of players who are playing for Aberdeen at the moment. We don't have any character, no playing style and no idea where we will get a goal from when we need it.

With an on fire McGinn, Hayes and Rooney we had that character and style and it was successful. Teams knew what to expect playing us but still couldn't stop us most of the time. We are miles away from that at the moment. It's obvious DM doesn't know what to do with us now.
    Teams had started to suss us out though and knew that by nullifying us wide, they could restrict us.
    We don't really want ONE style of play. We ant to be fluid and adaptable to score from a number of methods.

The modern game is heavily reliant on pace, which is what Hayes and McGinn did give us relatively in the past, but Hayes is gone and McGinn doesn't have the pace anymore (hence why he cuts back on himself time and again).

I agree with some other posts mentioned, we need players that are comfortable with the ball and with a preference to those that have some pace about them.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Horrible result yesterday and the biggest issue to me was how few of our players look comfortable in possession.. only Ferguson, and Wilson in the starting 11 look as if they can control the ball in a tight situation. Hedges and Campbell looked as if they could do it when they came on. I’m not sure if that’s down to poor recruitment ( most likely), poor coaching (less likely) or lack of budget to afford good players ( partly true but Hibs had about 7 of their team who looked comfortable and their budget is smaller). Funnily enough, I liked the radical changes and we looked much better, but then conceded more sloppy goals. At least we then had only one out of position - Hedges right wing-back but he looked good.
    The other issue is asking players to do roles they can’t fulfil - Vyner can do the DM role but can’t pass it when in possession; Considine hasn’t the pace against a speedy winger to play LB successfully; Leigh can do LM as a 2nd LB but can’t pass like a midfielder; Wilson can play as a 10 but he’s not a wide midfielder; Gallagher is only suited to 2nd half role v Hund - pace in Channels and pressing.
    As I said to a pal... we’re not very good... and whether a new boss will make a difference, who knows! It’s new players we need - my one beacon of hope is that the kids I saw at Huddersfield have potential.. Sell McKenna and maybe big Sam and use the money to invest in players who are comfortable in possession and let us play proper possession football instead of the long ball and feed off scraps we often resort to at present..
    I agree with this - the only players we have who don't look terrified and panic when they get the ball under even the slightest bit of pressure are Ferguson, Hedges, Wilson and Campbell (and possibly McGinn). Playing people out of position is ok when it's absolutely necessary due to injuries etc, but playing half a team out of position whilst having players sitting on the bench who could have played in their correct positions is daft. We had 3 wingers on the bench (Hedges, McGinn, McLennan) and on the pitch we have a LB and a Striker playing on the wings?! We have a central defender playing at left back, while we've got a left back on the wing. We've got a defender playing in central midfield while we've got a midfielder on the bench. We've got a headless chicken playing in behind the striker, while we've got a centre forward on the wing and two others on the bench.

McInnes is like a child with a jigsaw - just randomly placing pieces in the wrong position and then looking up delighted with himself, smiling as if to say "finished", whilst everyone else looks on scratching, or shaking, their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Scott McKenna is a poor defender

Said it before and yesterday cemented it

Discuss
    It definitely feels like he's regressed. He's not had many consecutive games with the same defence around him this season and the defensive midfielders in front of him have changed quite frequently as well. I guess one of the key things for a defence is consistency so you can work as a unit. Having said that, if he's reckoned to be worth a few million quid he should be able to rise above those issues and turn in better performances than he has this season. Positionally he's poor and against any kind of attack with a lot of movement he's all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Teams had started to suss us out though and knew that by nullifying us wide, they could restrict us.
    We don't really want ONE style of play. We ant to be fluid and adaptable to score from a number of methods.

The modern game is heavily reliant on pace, which is what Hayes and McGinn did give us relatively in the past, but Hayes is gone and McGinn doesn't have the pace anymore (hence why he cuts back on himself time and again).

I agree with some other posts mentioned, we need players that are comfortable with the ball and with a preference to those that have some pace about them.
    He only ever had one successful style of play and that's due to Hayes and McGinn.

We should have thanked McInnes for his efforts and allowed someone else to come in and build from that and so on.

That's what I said at the time.

Now we will need a rebuild when the next man comes in.

McInnes has had a few seasons to buy someone quick and creative. The last two were loanees and one of them being from ****ing Celtic.

He's pish and thankfully most can see that now as well as his pal stepping down.

Thank ****.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast