+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Mental state of a footballer lol. My brother in law once told me off when I said I was stressed over some immigration issues a few years ago. He said try being chased by the Taliban on mopeds knowing that if they catch us they’re going to chop our heads off and put them on sticks. Hard life being a footballer though.
    I think the chopping heads off would have sufficed, putting them on sticks wouldn't really have really bothered them (wink).
    BTW nice to have you back safe and well sota UTM

Cheers Ron. Runs in the family, his lad is now about to hit the summit of Mount Everest from one of the trickiest faces. Got to be in the right mental state for that.

edit
    apologies, I meant Kilimanjaro in training for Everest next year. I've been on the roof all day in 90 degree temps lol
    Last edited by sota; 03-10-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Why all the digs at CA lately? Is it just a laugh between mates? I hope so, because the lad has the skin of a rhino and deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Why all the digs at CA lately? Is it just a laugh between mates? I hope so, because the lad has the skin of a rhino and deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid as far as I'm concerned.
    Bit of argy-bargy on the match day thread, Sota. The moderator’s job isn’t an easy one and CAM walks a fine line to keep the peace (which he does well in my book and, as far as I can tell, the vast majority on here think the same way.)

I saw that CT. I always read the match thread live whilst watching on i-follow but leave the commenting to the experts :-)

Their 1st goal player put through was there watched it on brief highlights a few times looked offside. Their 2nd goal showed why we need Vickers back in goal we are at more of a disadvantage with Victor in goal at corners, crosses in under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Their 1st goal player put through was there watched it on brief highlights a few times looked offside. Their 2nd goal showed why we need Vickers back in goal we are at more of a disadvantage with Victor in goal at corners, crosses in under pressure.
    What a ridiculous comment on their 2nd goal, the corner was put beyond the far post above everyone, for their player to head it back into the middle, where another of their players headed it in, and having vickers in goal for that wouldnt have changed anything. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    What a ridiculous comment on their 2nd goal, the corner was put beyond the far post above everyone, for their player to head it back into the middle, where another of their players headed it in, and having vickers in goal for that wouldnt have changed anything. UTM
    You will never convince him Ronners. It’s a total waste of time trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    You will never convince him Ronners. It’s a total waste of time trying to.
    I know that buddy but unfortunately I cant help myself sometimes UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Basically we were second in every department

Gru's estimation of Wood came home to roost and just about every team member lost their personal battles.

Baffled as to why Ogbene lasted beyond half time, he was poor

Mot I'm told was Rathbone? What? He tried hard but every time he got the ball his team mates shot away like the red arrows nobody wanted the ball off him. For me motm was the viking.

As an aside, I thought the criticism of cebuman on the match thread was OTT
    How can there be a Man of the Match, when the team loses, you play as a team ,and you lose as a team,! the lead up to this week has been soil destroying, for supporters and everyone concerned. what ever happened to, "The pride in the shirt you wear,.!" Up the Millers, I Hope.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast