+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 171 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Whilst I've got your attention gru, remember yesterday when you boldly claimed that Viktor is a weakness? I asked you to point to the goals we have conceded because of said weakness from crosses. I must have missed your reply. Can you let me know, in your own time of course. No rush. He has played a sizeable part in 2 seasons now, so I'm sure you'll have a whole library of evidence. Thanks

Just generally he's a flapper under pressure at crosses. Not my type of keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Just generally he's a flapper under pressure at crosses. Not my type of keeper.
    Okay, fair enough. I appreciate you basically being honest and admitting you don't have any examples of actual goals being conceded in the 2 seasons he has been here as a direct result of this weakness you feel he has.

All I'd suggest is that as you can't provide any examples, perhaps you have exaggerated this part of his game in your mind? I'd like to think that is a fair point for you to wonder about.

Know I'll get some criticism but from these 5 Harding Humphreys Hall McCart Hull for the back 3. Got to bring some young players through just Wiles in Warney's time as manager here doesn't justify having a youth system. Kayode he's not broken through into the match day 18 when we have 4 forwards fit.
    About our young players. Which other clubs have brought as many players through compared to is with or without academies?Who've l done as well as us?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    About our young players. Which other clubs have brought as many players through compared to is with or without academies?Who've l done as well as us?

No idea but one in nearly 6 years for us isn't much of a return for the investment in the youth system.

Okay, fair enough. I appreciate you basically being honest and admitting you don't have any examples of actual goals being conceded in the 2 seasons he has been here as a direct result of this weakness you feel he has.

All I'd suggest is that as you can't provide any examples, perhaps you have exaggerated this part of his game in your mind? I'd like to think that is a fair point for you to wonder about.
    I have a problem with Viktor. His distribution. Several times Iv e seen options to throw to the full back and he just waves every one forward and hoofs it upfield. I somewhat agree with gwru. He flaps at crosses sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Get stuffed, I post a lot of positive stuff, stop targetting posters and focus on the issues, fed up with people that can't debate a subject to just have a go at other people. I openly praise the club for its communication and sharing the issues with loans, how is that negative? perhaps i raise a point that you don't like, the fact I do not understaand why we appear to be focusing purely on a forward via the loan system and not looking at a contracted purchase where we actually make a bid to buy. Both ladapo and smith came in this way and perhaps we wouldn't be going into the start of the season with only two strikers if we had made a play to try and buy one.
    What issues? There isn't any issues to focus on. What do you want to debate? Your comments are. " Why are we not doing this,. Why are we not doing that". Can I ask where you got your information from to suggest were not doing it?
    Ladapo came in as a record fee and he went for niffin. Smith came in for nowt and went for nowt.
    Warne has brought in 3 strikers in the last 6 month for nowt. Would you be more happy if we paid a million for each?

Without doubt he has been caught out on deep crosses which have resulted in goals against ! without trawling through past matches, I can remember the third goal at Ny against ? One at Barnsley when he was out jumped by Morris and one low one against Sheff Wednesday just last season !

No idea but one in nearly 6 years for us isn't much of a return for the investment in the youth system.
    There are very few kids coming through at any club.

We talk about kids in none league football, overseas players or kids in loan from premiership clubs.

Her few kids hold on to their young talent as they're swept up by premiership clubs. That system adopt turn out even less. How many young English players have been traded in the last few years? Again not many. It's nothing short of a miracle to have a player come through the ranks even with an academy.
    Show some respect to the club! We've produced 3 players in the last 5 years that are championship players this season!

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I have a problem with Viktor. His distribution. Several times Iv e seen options to throw to the full back and he just waves every one forward and hoofs it upfield. I somewhat agree with gwru. He flaps at crosses sometimes
    But which keeper doesn't have the occasional flap at a cross? I wouldn't claim that he never has moments, but that doesn't make him a weakness overall to the squad. Everyone has moments but Viktor isn't off the scale, the criticism is exaggerated.

The distribution is annoying but I think that is a management directive. I would love it if we wouldn't hoof it every single time. Bloody love it.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    There are very few kids coming through at any club.

We talk about kids in none league football, overseas players or kids in loan from premiership clubs.

Her few kids hold on to their young talent as they're swept up by premiership clubs. That system adopt turn out even less. How many young English players have been traded in the last few years? Again not many. It's nothing short of a miracle to have a player come through the ranks even with an academy.
    Show some respect to the club! We've produced 3 players in the last 5 years that are championship players this season!
    Also, as Howdy posted with respect to Greaves, being good at football is only half the battle. Just because you are good at something it doesn't necessarily make you good at doing it as a 'profession'. There's many aspects to being a professional footballer these days beyond knowing how to kick a ball.

Page 103 of 171 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast