+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 106 of 156 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1551

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I haven't seen any coverage of the case against the Leave vote breaking the law (Aaron Banks) being fake. There was plenty of it when he was accused, funny that.
    So how come you know it if there want any coverage?

Both Leave.eu (Banks and Farage) and Vote Leave (Johnson and Gove) broke electoral law and both were fined.

The Leave.eu case was referred to the police who found technical breaches of the law but insufficient evidence for a prosecution. A police investigation into the official Vote Leave campaign is ongoing.

I'd therefore be wary of saying that "the case against the Leave vote is fake".

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    So how come you know it if there want any coverage?

Both Leave.eu (Banks and Farage) and Vote Leave (Johnson and Gove) broke electoral law and both were fined.

The Leave.eu case was referred to the police who found technical breaches of the law but insufficient evidence for a prosecution. A police investigation into the official Vote Leave campaign is ongoing.

I'd therefore be wary of saying that "the case against the Leave vote is fake".

Name:  EFlRFHqW4AEhiSY.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  96.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Bullchit??? Why, just cos the massively remain biased tv channels haven't yet reported it
    Hopefully, Swinson will be next, cos she's been colluding with the EU in not giving Boris a deal.

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/statu...575233/photo/1
    It's BS because from the first line of the Mail article you can see it's BS.

'10 Downing Street has launched an investigation'.

That should set alarm bells ringing. Downing Street means Boris Johnson and his aides and they are not an investigative body. Their job is to propose policies for parliament to vote on and keep party discipline.

At the very most they can investigate who finished the bottle of milk and didn't buy a new one, or who farted during the strategy meeting last week, but this is blatantly an idea concocted by Cummings to allow a Brexit friendly newspaper to publish words like 'surrender' and 'collusion' next to photos of prominent remainers.

One especially for you, Driller me duck.

https://www.ft.com/content/2f91721d-...f-4453897183c8

Was just looking for that myself, funny how that one got very little coverage as opposed to the fines received by the leave campaigns being all over the frnt pages and headline news on tv

Yes so there was coverage, thanks for proving i961pie wrong.

That was a seperate criminal case against Banks though, which doesn't mean 'the case against the Leave vote was fake' because both the unofficial and official leave campaigns were fined for breaking electoral law and the decision upheld in the court of appeal.

It's behind a paywall, what does it say?

It's behind a paywall, what does it say?
    Just type into google leave campaign fine, you'll be inundated with results from all of the msm sites sky bbc independent guardian etc etc, interesting comparison if you type remain campaign fine politicshome.com news??

It's BS because from the first line of the Mail article you can see it's BS.

'10 Downing Street has launched an investigation'.

That should set alarm bells ringing. Downing Street means Boris Johnson and his aides and they are not an investigative body. Their job is to propose policies for parliament to vote on and keep party discipline.

At the very most they can investigate who finished the bottle of milk and didn't buy a new one, or who farted during the strategy meeting last week, but this is blatantly an idea concocted by Cummings to allow a Brexit friendly newspaper to publish words like 'surrender' and 'collusion' next to photos of prominent remainers.
    Perhaps you should read it again:

The National Security Council has evidence that the rebel MPs have drawn up plans with French officials for an Act which would allow Commons Speaker John Bercow to bypass the Prime Minister and ask for a delay himself if Boris cannot strike a deal to leave the EU on October 31.

Page 106 of 156 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast