+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: League cup v St.Mirren thread

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Wasn't at yesterday's match but spoken to a couple who were. Looks like we played solid football but again St Mirren looked pi$$ poor.

GMS and Shinnie both need to sign new contracts. Hopefully they both do. Love how GMS always plays with a smile on his face.

With regards to McGinn I'd actually be tempted to play him in the number 10 role now as he's (in my opinion) not got the pace anymore to play on the wing, seems to know himself now that he hasn't got the pace to take on the man and relies on his experience to buy a yard at times.

I'd like to see a winger coming in.

May has looked sharper to me this season. Hopefully that goal yesterday will give his confidence a boost. Good bit of unselfish work by Wright too I hear.
    Could not agree more on the comment regarding GMS and Shinnie getting signed up, that has to happen ASAP. I also love the way GMS plays with a permanent smile on his face, and when he's in the form he was showing yesterday there's hardly a full back in Scotland that can cope with him.
    It's no big secret I am not May's biggest fan, and it was pure class from Scotty Wright yesterday to square for May to score when he would have probably easily scored himself, that was a great touch of unselfishness by Scotty, so lets hope it gives may the confidence that many folks believe he has been lacking and he now kicks on.
    Personally i doubt that he will, but I've been wrong many times before and I seriously hope he proves me wrong and if he does I will give credit where credit is due, but as of right now most of that credit has to go to Scotty Wright for not being selfish.
    Loads of positives to take from yesterdays game. Yes Saints were poor but a clean sheet is a clean sheet, Devlin and young Ferguson both look to be class acts, Dom Ball didn't put a foot wrong.
    All good so much of the same for next week and onwards and upwards.

Stand Free!!!

PS
    Think we can safely try and punt Cosgrove during the remainder of this window, problem is it's not very likely that we would get much back of the 20k we paid for the donkey....

COYR

I would sort of agree with the comments that McGinn has lost his pace a bit but it didn’t stop him getting crosses in against Burnley.The away leg in particular he was one of our best players.

It’s not like he was ever all about pace anyway,Hayes main strength was his pace which he used to great effect to get past people.McGinn has always been more about skill so I would say he has a few seasons left in him.

What I would say is guys like Wright and Ross should be looking to take his place in the team in the next few years or there isn’t any point in them being here.

Punt Cosgrove in this window? Did you see him v Burnley at Pittodrie? Obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Punt Cosgrove in this window? Did you see him v Burnley at Pittodrie? Obviously not.
    I'd suggest he was effective through being physical rather than through any sort of level of skill.

There are times when he will be an effective solution but overall I think he is very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I'd suggest he was effective through being physical rather than through any sort of level of skill.

There are times when he will be an effective solution but overall I think he is very limited.
    As a London journalist once remarked on Doug Rougvie, "if he was any more limited he would be quoted on the Stock Exchange" but Cosgrove may serve a purpose when we're chasing a game against an edgy defence but for me, certainly at the moment, I view him more coming off the bench than as a starter..

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    yip seen him in both games, dude and I still stay punt him, he is not for our team.
    As I have continually repeated since the day he was signed, he is not the sort of player we should be signing, honestly we can pick up that sort of "quality" from a good few highland league teams ffs.
    Nothing personally against the lad, but he is simply not good enough for Aberdeen.
    And one more thing just for the record, I never want any single one of our players to fail, and that goes for Cosgrove as well, but unfortunately for him, we as a club are way above his level and the laddie is not capable of regularly punching above his weight week in week out, its as simple as that. (get rid)

SF

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Just back from an enjoyable game of football. If we had been 7-0up at h/t it would have been a fair reflection. Wright in the number 10 position was superb and the running and energy of the midfield and forwards was a joy to watch. On this performance Cosgrove should not play again this season.

St. Mirren were dreadful, but we were very good.
    Fit`s A dee witht non highlights. Been loloking on the sPFL Youtube and BBc sight hohping to see them. Thought they were posted up aftfter 6pmpm on a Sunday ??

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Fit`s A dee witht non highlights. Been loloking on the sPFL Youtube and BBc sight hohping to see them. Thought they were posted up aftfter 6pmpm on a Sunday ??
    Not sure if the SPFL Youtube would have them ? BBC Doesnt have the rights as just mentioned on Sportscence Extra Time

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Also was there a Sportscene this weekend? Did I miss it? I looked for it last night as per usual but nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    Also was there a Sportscene this weekend? Did I miss it? I looked for it last night as per usual but nothing.
    Nope as the dont have rights for the League Cup no point!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast