+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Why did we sign Bryson if he was injured?

We almost signed Maloney but it was him that pulled the plug because he wasn't fit.

Something not right there.
    Two things that have worsened things.

McInnes rushed him back too early.
    Poor judgment & management.

And second, the assault by that dirty c unt Murray Davidson was a horrendous tackle that anyone would’ve suffered from.
    That was just bad luck.
    It was a horrible challenge.
    The type that deserves more than the standard 2 game ban

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Two things that have worsened things.

McInnes rushed him back too early.
    Poor judgment & management.

And second, the assault by that dirty c unt Murray Davidson was a horrendous tackle that anyone would’ve suffered from.
    That was just bad luck.
    It was a horrible challenge.
    The type that deserves more than the standard 2 game ban
    But yet he played on after the Davidson tackle...

I think we'll go back in for Lyndon Dykes if, as expected, we lose Cosgrove in the next couple of weeks...

Bryson’s injury will make no difference to us as he hasn’t played. Leigh will be a loss as he has done reasonably well.

It leaves us a wee bit light on options at left back unless Campbell can fill in there if anything happens to Considine. I’ve got a feeling Hoban will come in due to his versatility... and I’ve got a feeling he’ll be lucky to play more than 3 games before getting injured again!

I think either Cosgrove or McKenna will move on, but not both. Whichever one it is will need replaced immediately.

So I think that would leave us needing...
    - versatile defender
    - central defender or striker

I also think we’re desperately needing an attacking midfielder and arguably a new wide man. McInnes doesn’t seem to want to give Hedges, McLennan, or Wilson a run of games out wide, seems to be a lot of chopping and changing and none of them are really doing a huge amount to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Bryson’s injury will make no difference to us as he hasn’t played. Leigh will be a loss as he has done reasonably well.

It leaves us a wee bit light on options at left back unless Campbell can fill in there if anything happens to Considine. I’ve got a feeling Hoban will come in due to his versatility... and I’ve got a feeling he’ll be lucky to play more than 3 games before getting injured again!

I think either Cosgrove or McKenna will move on, but not both. Whichever one it is will need replaced immediately.

So I think that would leave us needing...
    - versatile defender
    - central defender or striker

I also think we’re desperately needing an attacking midfielder and arguably a new wide man. McInnes doesn’t seem to want to give Hedges, McLennan, or Wilson a run of games out wide, seems to be a lot of chopping and changing and none of them are really doing a huge amount to impress.
    Completely agree on Bryson and Leigh.

I'm not sure we will sell either in the window as the english will continue to lowball us on bids being as they regard us as a diddy club from a diddy league. However if we did sell one of them then I sincerely hope it is McKenna as frankly he has not played that much better than any of our other central defenders this season (don't know if he is still in a sulk over not being sold in August) whereas Cosgrove's goals will be almost impossible to replace given where we will be shopping.

I'm not sure I would rush to bring in another central defender if we sell McKenna unless there was a player who would be a significant improvement on what we have (unlikely given the money we would spend). Assuming Leigh is back mid February we would still have Devlin, Taylor, Considine and Vyner that could play central defence. I would much rather spend what money we have on the attacking midfielder that you mention.

Kennedy and O'Donnell apparently being pursued

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Kennedy the lad at St Johnstone? Not really sure he's any better than what we've got. O'Donnell would be an improvement on Logan who I think has gone a bit stale in the last couple of seasons.

Stuart Kennedy?

Even now.....

Matty Kennedy fae the farmers I assume.

I’d be happy with that - always looked good when I’ve seen him. Quick, skilful & likes to get forward & go at his man.

A positive pacey winger would be a great addition.

I’d be happy with O’Donnell too. Decent RB at SPFL level & would certainly be an upgrade on Logan who’s about 2 years past his sell by date.

If we can get the £5m for McKenna I’d sell & use the money for a few decent SPFL level signings like this.

Big Scott’s flattered to deceive since spitting the dummy in the summer so I think it’s time to cash in & use the money to strengthen the squad in other areas we’re crying out for players.

I’d not be selling big Sam though unless we got an utterly ridiculous offer.

Never heard of either of them. Are they both injury prone?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree on Bryson and Leigh.

I'm not sure we will sell either in the window as the english will continue to lowball us on bids being as they regard us as a diddy club from a diddy league. However if we did sell one of them then I sincerely hope it is McKenna as frankly he has not played that much better than any of our other central defenders this season (don't know if he is still in a sulk over not being sold in August) whereas Cosgrove's goals will be almost impossible to replace given where we will be shopping.

I'm not sure I would rush to bring in another central defender if we sell McKenna unless there was a player who would be a significant improvement on what we have (unlikely given the money we would spend). Assuming Leigh is back mid February we would still have Devlin, Taylor, Considine and Vyner that could play central defence. I would much rather spend what money we have on the attacking midfielder that you mention.
    I think we may sell Mckenna,£4M and a sell on fee and i'd be quite happy with that,We've got cover for centre half anyway,the one thing we cant afford to do is sell big Sam,i think Cormack realises how important he is and unless a stupid offer comes in for him then im confident he'll stay,offers have to start at £8M for him,he's outscored the tims messiah Edouard who they value at £30M (i know ridiculous) but we have to get top dollar for a prolific goalscorer,his scoring stats are up there with Harvey at the huns and Edouard

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast