+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    ...and just to add, when posters were quite rightly questioning Tams appointment and our chances of progressing this season Shedka said on numerous occasions that we were giving our opposition too much respect and that they weren't very good but recently has again said that the league this season has been the strongest for years.......make yir fkn mind up aye🤷*♂️
    Can see what you are doing here and it's failing

You (I think) and some others had us doomed in summer, I made the point it isn't a league of galaticos, we survived comfortably the year before and hasn't made signings at that stage, why were people worrying so much about us going down and freaking out predicting 6 heavy defeats and stuff upto the derby, was just way ott stuff, I was right

It's still a stronger division than last season, Hearts and Dundee are both better than the two sides that went down and any team can have a poor spell in the current league, we've had ours and we had other things going on, injuries, loss of form to the likes Fuchs (downed tools in hindsight) the the covid issue all factors in the poor run

We have got back on track, looking better and a unit working together, enjoying keeping cleansheets, everyone fighting for the shirt, hopefully sees a nice end to the season if we can avoid key injuries etc

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Were you Arab Plumber in an earlier life Ballumbie?
    Reason I'm asking is that every Saturday night on Mad he'd come on & tell us that Stuart Armstrong played 'one good game in six'.
    He didn't rate him at all.
    One good game in six. Could Harkes be the new Armstrong?

Ach well some things never change.
    Am i really seeing Harkes and Armstrong in the same sentence?

Someones at it with the Wikis as he too was born 30th March!

I go back to what i said about the Scott Fraser comparison that Armstrong was developing when he departed, but Harkes should be very close to being the complete player and he is nowhere near the level. If he was at that level, we would not be having this debate as he would have been signed up elsewhere and sitting on some cash by now!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

You (I think) and some others had us doomed in summer, I made the point it isn't a league of galaticos, we survived comfortably the year before and hasn't made signings at that stage, why were people worrying so much about us going down and freaking out predicting 6 heavy defeats and stuff upto the derby, was just way ott stuff, I was right

It's still a stronger division than last season, Hearts and Dundee are both better than the two sides that went down and any team can have a poor spell in the current league, we've had ours and we had other things going on, injuries, loss of form to the likes Fuchs (downed tools in hindsight) the the covid issue all factors in the poor run

We have got back on track, looking better and a unit working together, enjoying keeping cleansheets, everyone fighting for the shirt, hopefully sees a nice end to the season if we can avoid key injuries etc
    Hearts definitely better than Hamilton and Killie, but absolutely no evidence that Dundee are better than either, how are you coming to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Were you Arab Plumber in an earlier life Ballumbie?
    Reason I'm asking is that every Saturday night on Mad he'd come on & tell us that Stuart Armstrong played 'one good game in six'.
    He didn't rate him at all.
    One good game in six. Could Harkes be the new Armstrong?

Ach well some things never change.
    No I’m not, been on here since 2003 ffs! 🤣
    Stuart Armstrong was absolute class, oh for those days, and the regular 4-0 wins taking teams apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Am i really seeing Harkes and Armstrong in the same sentence?

Someones at it with the Wikis as he too was born 30th March!

I go back to what i said about the Scott Fraser comparison that Armstrong was developing when he departed, but Harkes should be very close to being the complete player and he is nowhere near the level. If he was at that level, we would not be having this debate as he would have been signed up elsewhere and sitting on some cash by now!
    Ha, ha, I know!! You could see Armstrong was class from early on, his vision, accurate passing, and finishing when the opportunity arose. We all knew he’d go to the top, and why it hurt so much when he went to Celtic, for (in my view) peanuts!! Always like watching him playing for Southampton, and happy for the lad, well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Ha, ha, I know!! You could see Armstrong was class from early on, his vision, accurate passing, and finishing when the opportunity arose. We all knew he’d go to the top, and why it hurt so much when he went to Celtic, for (in my view) peanuts!! Always like watching him playing for Southampton, and happy for the lad, well deserved.
    Scores today to put the Saints 1 up v Everton.

Edit to add Armstrong not Harkes.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 19-02-2022 at 04:26 PM. Reason: to save confusion

Forgot you rated powers higher than Butcher or Harkes

He was woeful and as slow as a week in jail, inferior to both players, now he did think he was iniesta/xavi, would get relegated playing someone like him in Harkes place this season
    Can't remember ever comparing Powers to Harkes 🤔 do remember saying Powers was a better footballer than Butcher though as I don't rate him as a midfielder and never have.

Love a debate/difference of an opinion with you. Absolutely pointless 😂

Graham please and dinnie let him go back to those with an extra digit.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Graham please and dinnie let him go back to those with an extra digit.
    More likely to be sharing a dressing room with Andy Robertson eventually. Early days but the lad looks the absolute real deal. Rarely seen a player come in and make such a quick impression.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)