+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sterling..

re: Sterling..

Case rested !

Sun journalists are PAID ?

With real money ?

A scandal. An absolute firkin scandal.

As for drinking Glenfiddich "at this hour" may I respectfully point out that the sun must be over the yardarm somewhere in the world at the moment.

Bon chance.

Indeed 100+ posts and Sterlingate is percolating nicely.

Half the comments support the view, that The Hodge has manufactured a situation that will go badly against him.

One poster is vehement that the boy Sterling should be cast-aside from the international stage, for being quoted by The Hodge in the media as "tired".

...And what do we make of that ?

Well first off, discarding the lad and giving his position to somebody more worthy, is a bit of a f.ucking problem. Due to the fact there is not anybody else with his admired skills, in that position.

I'm all for sensible solutions but that one is a tad off-beam. And basically everone knows it.

I imagine Brendan Rogers will respond to questions re: the boy Sterling during his Fri press briefing. Expect The Hodge to look even more berkish

Sterling should be cast-aside from the international stage, for being 'tired' after 9 games of a season...yep.

Sometimes better to have a slightly lower amount of quality but able to actually get on the pitch than being mega skillful and not able to play 2 games in a week if your shirt is white.

Maybe if England played in red it might help and he could play midweek...who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond
    Indeed 100+ posts and Sterlingate is percolating nicely.

Half the comments support the view, that The Hodge has manufactured a situation that will go badly against him.

One poster is vehement that the boy Sterling should be cast-aside from the international stage, for being quoted by The Hodge in the media as "tired".

...And what do we make of that ?

Well first off, discarding the lad and giving his position to somebody more worthy, is a bit of a f.ucking problem. Due to the fact there is not anybody else with his admired skills, in that position.

I'm all for sensible solutions but that one is a tad off-beam. And basically everone knows it.

I imagine Brendan Rogers will respond to questions re: the boy Sterling during his Fri press briefing. Expect The Hodge to look even more berkish
    I didn't mean swap Sterling like for like, but with a different formation, someone else cpuld be given a chance to show what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    Sterling should be cast-aside from the international stage, for being 'tired' after 9 games of a season...yep.

Sometimes better to have a slightly lower amount of quality but able to actually get on the pitch than being mega skillful and not able to play 2 games in a week if your shirt is white.

Maybe if England played in red it might help and he could play midweek...who knows ?
    The Hodge observed in training,that the boy Sterling was missing his usual va-va-voom, his vim and zip, his cha-cha and decided to rest him to the bench. He explained his non-selection as "tiredness". His word, his description.

Suddenly, people are interpreting rank insurrection on the part of Sterling and advocating international banishment.

I can't be the only one who finds this odd. Can I ?

I must insist that myself and BD are by far the most pompous posters on hammersmad.

I'm certainly of the opinion that this is exactly the place where one can ram their opinions down others throats, Mrs Bonzo has little or no interest in what I have to say so unfortunately for you bunch of c.unts I have to vent on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69

Sterling should be cast-aside from the international stage

And thrashed. . . . . . . . .repeatedly with a large stick festooned with the cross of St George, lions and red roses.

was Hodgson a profi when he made that statement?
    no he wasn't, still. on the bright side of this mighty thread isn't it a breath of fresh air to hear the truth for a change? instead of all those chewing gum interviews where 'the gaffer said this or the gaffer said that'

spoke to a brickie the other week who'd only had 8 days off in 2 months ( sundays), when asked why his reply was either work or find another job, 6 days a week averaging about 60 hours plus travel ( at own cost) !

precious little gems that we protect!

What is wrong with nurturing our young talent.

If someoine is under the weather, jaded or just temporarily below par in training, I see no problem in resting them. That should not be a poor reflection on the player.

There are days when I do not feel up for work. Unfortunately, my boss does not have the luxury of resting me for the game. :-)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)