+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The Maynard one worries me a bit. Sure, he's done a good job to have them well above a relegation battle, but it seems like a massive gamble to go for someone who's lost more games than they've won and who manages a part-time team. Obviously he's working with fewer resources than most other NL teams, but still, I'm not sure that directly translates to doing a great job at a club with more resources and bigger ambitions.

It's a mentality thing. He'd have to go from any win being a great result to a win being the least we expect. Not easy.
    Was going to say something similar. OK the Bros will more than likely go for someone unexpected but Maynard has nothing really to offer (on paper at least).

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Not sure I'd call a 30% win rate outstanding
    With Wealdstone in the National League it is. Just like if Luton's manager ended this season with a 30% win rate, he'd probably win manager of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    With Wealdstone in the National League it is. Just like if Luton's manager ended this season with a 30% win rate, he'd probably win manager of the year.
    Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on the current situation this week could be a big week, so people think JOB will be in charge on Saturday or do we think the Bros will bring someone in before the weekend?
    I’m thinking JOB will take training this week and the new man could be announced before Saturday.
    Suppose it all depends if whoever gets the job is already unemployed or not as a man in current employment the move would surely be a longer process.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on the current situation this week could be a big week, so people think JOB will be in charge on Saturday or do we think the Bros will bring someone in before the weekend?
    I’m thinking JOB will take training this week and the new man could be announced before Saturday.
    Suppose it all depends if whoever gets the job is already unemployed or not as a man in current employment the move would surely be a longer process.
    I think 2 to 4 weeks is more likely. The brothers don't cut corners.

Didn't it take Swansea 31 days? I would think we would take a similar length of time, just because of the way the Brothers do things thoroughly.

Depends if they have someone in mind or not. Burchnall was in a day or two after Ardley was sacked, whereas with Williams they seemed to go through quite a long interview process with several people.

But would the Luton manager then be considered the ideal candidate to take a team like Manchester United and win the league? Probably not, because the approach needed to get Luton to win 30% of their games wouldn't be what's required to get United to win the league.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 08-01-2024 at 11:24 AM.

Depends if they have someone in mind or not. Burchnall was in a day or two after Ardley was sacked, whereas with Williams they seemed to go through quite a long interview process with several people.
    Burchnall was set to come in at the end of the season, the brothers had every intention of letting Ardley see out his contract but then some league 1 clubs came calling about Burchnall so the timeline shifted. Hence all the nice words for Ardley when he left as well as the friendly and also the great references and helping getting him hooked up with Solihull.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    But would the Luton manager then be considered the ideal candidate to take a team like Manchester United and win the league? Probably not, because the approach needed to get Luton to win 30% of their games wouldn't be what's required to get United to win the league.
    PL footy is different they can attract whoever they like mainly.

Luton manager might even be better than ETH is !

Look at Klopp took over 2nd tier Mainz then got Dortmund job where he was expected to win most weeks.

You've either got it or you havent thats a decision for our owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Didn't it take Swansea 31 days? I would think we would take a similar length of time, just because of the way the Brothers do things thoroughly.
    They were probably waiting for the FA cup week to appoint Williams, knowing that we would not have a game for 2 weeks

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast