+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    The problem is that the management see them all the week & should have soon discovered they were not what was hoped for.
    But apparently It's taken till the end of the season for Mcinnes to waken up to this.
    yet , he's been messing around with rotations for the whole of that time, using insane formations with players out of position, that even the fans could predict was a mistake.
    To be fair, in his post match interview, where he admitted recruitment hadn't been good, he added "and I've known it for some time", which I thought was interesting

For the avoidance of doubt ( as they say)

Let me make it perfectly clear.

I expect Abereen Football Club to win the league.

Not this season though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    To be fair, in his post match interview, where he admitted recruitment hadn't been good, he added "and I've known it for some time", which I thought was interesting
    it could be that he was stopped from getting the players he really wanted as Milne wasn't prepared to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post

Now when you look at this, were in DEEP ****.
    Not because were losing good players, but because its going to be really difficult to replace them with better quality.
    NO way McInnes or any manager at AFC is going to get enough funds to replace all these with better quality.

My fear now is we could be at the end of a cycle...just as Sevco Pedro predicted.

McLean
    Nwakali
    Christie
    Rogers
    Ball
    Arneson
    Maynard
    Cosgrove
    Stewart
    oConnor

OOT

Reynolds & Considine SHOULD be OOT as well.

Either DM is going to pull off the summer signing miracle of the decade or we are in trouble.
    I presume you mean Woodman rather than Cosgrove in your OOT list, as sadly Cosgrove is here for a while yet.

I am struggling with your comment re it will be difficult to replace this 10 with better quality. Really??? I will give you McLean as he will be a significant miss, but the rest? Christie is a show pony and has done nothing to merit being kept since xmas, Stewart flatters to deceive and the rest are just ten a penny journeymen. If we seriously can't replace that 10 with a better 6-10 then McInnes time will be up

he would've looked pretty stupid if he'd admitted he'd only just discovered this.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I presume you mean Woodman rather than Cosgrove in your OOT list, as sadly Cosgrove is here for a while yet.

I am struggling with your comment re it will be difficult to replace this 10 with better quality. Really??? I will give you McLean as he will be a significant miss, but the rest? Christie is a show pony and has done nothing to merit being kept since xmas, Stewart flatters to deceive and the rest are just ten a penny journeymen. If we seriously can't replace that 10 with a better 6-10 then McInnes time will be up
    Sorry meant to add that assuming we even just get the same wages to replace then that will still be a bunch of money as McLean/Arnason/Christie(loan fee)/Stewart(loan fee)/O'Connor will all be on good wages

he would've looked pretty stupid if he'd admitted he'd only just discovered this.
    Yes, he would.
    But my comment was in response to you saying it had taken him until the end of the season to realise it.

Yes, he would.
    But my comment was in response to you saying it had taken him until the end of the season to realise it.
    yes I know thanks,

It shows he's been hoodwinking the fans somewhat though.

yes I know thanks,

It shows he's been hoodwinking the fans somewhat though.
    Just normal managerial stuff.
    He’s hardly likely to say in January the players I’ve signed aren’t up to it.

Expertly put by Chris Chrighton in the P&J today, when he said that, despite McInnes knowing he would require Ball/Arnisson/Chiddi in the semi final, he didn’t “trust” them enough to play them in the intervening league games since the KIllie quarter final, to give them some much needed game time.

So, he knew sometime ago that they were all sub standard.

Goes back to the age old definition of “squad player”, and how DM rotates his squad. He’s never been able to properly manage that item. Any players who he signs, should, in theory, be able to play every game, if required. Otherwise, what is the point? Might as well use the youth players, to beef up the squad numbers.

Big summer ahead. I think he has enough credit left in the tank for one more go at this. Just.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast