+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Realistic alternatives to Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Pocket, great shouts for these games pal which showed we are capable of doing something sometimes but, they are too far and few between. In all honesty I want Taylor to be successful with us as it's no good chopping and changing Managers all the time.

Hopefully Saturday sees us delivering and Taylor actually plays two up front at home. Fingers crossed for a good result.
    The 3 tropes (and they're all versions of the same) that I read that immediately in my view undermine the views of the author are

1. We shouldn't chop & change all the time
    2. We should give MT a chance
    3. MT kept us up last year

MT did his level best to relegate us last season & we only stayed up because we'd had such a good start
    MT has been given eevry chance - he's stunk the palce out for 50 games now and spent the Wiles money on Tiehi and Nombe
    Of course, we shouldn't chop & change all the time but a manager who's bene given this long, this many games and that amount of backing shouldn't be performing so poorly
    Long overdue a change (but you already know my views)

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The 3 tropes (and they're all versions of the same) that I read that immediately in my view undermine the views of the author are

1. We shouldn't chop & change all the time
    2. We should give MT a chance
    3. MT kept us up last year

MT did his level best to relegate us last season & we only stayed up because we'd had such a good start
    MT has been given eevry chance - he's stunk the palce out for 50 games now and spent the Wiles money on Tiehi and Nombe
    Of course, we shouldn't chop & change all the time but a manager who's bene given this long, this many games and that amount of backing shouldn't be performing so poorly
    Long overdue a change (but you already know my views)
    Reasoned post.
    I could say the same to people like you and IBS and a few more as soon as I see the name of the poster.
    He’s out of his depth.
    Stubborn.
    Poor signings.
    Don t agree with you but you already know my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Derby I think you know what I meant by conjecture about MT having a god complex.
    No need for sarcasm pal.
    No problem with any different opinion I enjoy reading your posts but opinions aren’t facts that was my point.
    People quote stuff as true because that’s what they want to believe.
    Sorry Pocket it wasn't meant as sarcasm, I put the love heart to show that it was tongue in cheek and certainly didn't mean anything bad by it.
    I completely get what you mean about the conjecture, but in my original post I detailed a number of reasons why I believe that Taylor shows traits of a "god complex." It was a bit of a throwaway comment to sum up a long post based on characteristics Taylor has shown with his management style and the players reaction to it. It obviously wasn't any sort of diagnosis so I found it a bit odd that you chose that one thing to focus on out of the long winded rant that I had written before it.
    I am genuinely interested to know your thoughts about our managers performance other than you think everyone that is criticising Taylor is doing so based on emotion and anger because we choked against Wednesday.
    Admittedly, I was very angry and very disgusted but I saw Sunday as a line in the sand as opposed to a knee jerk reaction. I've supported Taylor to "happy clapper" levels prior to this and thought after the character shown to battle back against Southampton and the way we took control against Coventry, that Taylor had finally turned a corner with his tactical choices. Sunday proved that wasn't the case and to be honest his starting line up left me absolutely numb. To start that formation against a struggling, low on confidence Owls side smacks of either extreme incompetence or extreme arrogance. I went with the latter because it seems to fit the current narrative with how the players are reacting.
    I have always enjoyed your posts too and I commend your optimism and loyalty to the club. I found myself siding with you many times when Warne was getting undeserved hate back in the day. But sadly, my patience is running thin with Taylor for the reasons I've explained and whilst I have never liked the manager merry go round as a way to resolve problems, how else can we turn things around if performances under Taylor don't dramatically improve?

PS. If Taylor does have a god complex then I have an imposter complex, I woke up today believing I'm Derbymiller

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    Sorry Pocket it wasn't meant as sarcasm, I put the love heart to show that it was tongue in cheek and certainly didn't mean anything bad by it.
    I completely get what you mean about the conjecture, but in my original post I detailed a number of reasons why I believe that Taylor shows traits of a "god complex." It was a bit of a throwaway comment to sum up a long post based on characteristics Taylor has shown with his management style and the players reaction to it. It obviously wasn't any sort of diagnosis so I found it a bit odd that you chose that one thing to focus on out of the long winded rant that I had written before it.
    I am genuinely interested to know your thoughts about our managers performance other than you think everyone that is criticising Taylor is doing so based on emotion and anger because we choked against Wednesday.
    Admittedly, I was very angry and very disgusted but I saw Sunday as a line in the sand as opposed to a knee jerk reaction. I've supported Taylor to "happy clapper" levels prior to this and thought after the character shown to battle back against Southampton and the way we took control against Coventry, that Taylor had finally turned a corner with his tactical choices. Sunday proved that wasn't the case and to be honest his starting line up left me absolutely numb. To start that formation against a struggling, low on confidence Owls side smacks of either extreme incompetence or extreme arrogance. I went with the latter because it seems to fit the current narrative with how the players are reacting.
    I have always enjoyed your posts too and I commend your optimism and loyalty to the club. I found myself siding with you many times when Warne was getting undeserved hate back in the day. But sadly, my patience is running thin with Taylor for the reasons I've explained and whilst I have never liked the manager merry go round as a way to resolve problems, how else can we turn things around if performances under Taylor don't dramatically improve?

PS. If Taylor does have a god complex then I have an imposter complex, I woke up today believing I'm Derbymiller
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post

My thoughts are that I think MT has something about him. He’s shown that he can be tactically clever in games. He knows we have to try and keep the ball better something in the championship we have been poor at.
    He imo has probably been caught out by the standard of the championship and this is a steep learning curve for him.
    He’s big enough to make tough calls on players some imo he’s got wrong.
    Kioso
    Bola
    Mccart
    These imo could have added something and he was too quick to dismiss them.
    I understand the gamble he took on the 3 aging centre backs. He’s been unlucky with Humphries and Blacket.
    We have all been saying we can’t keep playing hoofball we have to have more possession at times we look like we can compete and keep possession.
    I think it’s reasonable to suggest the jury is still out on MT but imo some on here have either never given him a chance or very little.
    We need to keep building incrementally each season.
    Last season we stayed up we still can this season.
    He has the potential to be a very good manager for us and I think he will learn from Sunday.
    Patience is not something people seem to have anymore.
    I do think he’s stuck between what style of play he wants from us and yes by now he should have figured that out although the injuries haven’t helped.
    My loyalty is to the club if things don’t improve then yes make the change but for me just support the manager for now and let’s see where we are in 10 games time.

My loyalty to the club since 65 doesn't matter who chairman manager is there'll always be a club. After last season thought MT could take us forward. I agreed with Wood leaving but Kioso McCart being loaned out was foolish. Morrison looks a liability. Ayala hoping he can do a job for us at centre back. Got to get some cover on the right for Dext. Ronnie Moore last season managing us in the championship we kept moving the start of the season proper month by month so this season hope it kicks into gear in November!

I don't want Taylor to go.

What reason

1 bad performance against the pigs

Kept us up last season.

Judge him on league 1 were we are equal.

Not the championship

I like him making changes early in the game of he thinks it is needed

People used to moan about Warne waiting to late to change it

He sees a problem and sorts it early you moan aswell

His early change at Southampton saved us the game

Kneejerk reactions are often exagerated versions of the truth,in most cases anyway,some people however love a moan !
    I said before that managing Rotherham at this level is one of the hardest jobs in football,so nyone that does it has my sympathy.....to a point.
    Paul Warne was/is a clever bloke,he quickly learned what was needed to be our manager,and mostly stuck to this,I`m guessing why that was one of the reasons he left,he could take us no further,which in itself is very sad.
    People used to,and still do,take the p*ss out of him for employing "Good human beings",but these people would die for him,something we most definitly need at our club at this level.
    I really hope Taylor succeeds,but if we are still in the bottom 3 at Christmas then we will need a change.

Back to topic Joey Barton available not a bad shout!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    It’s a very bad shout.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    .....gru put that long fat cigarette down pal and go and take a nap.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast