+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Viktor Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I don't think Leam will have seen anything of him as at the time he was Manager of Wigan .
    Wasn’t Leam Richardson manager of Wigan when we drew 1-1 at the NYS. Seem to recall Vickers had another of his outstanding games that night and was only beaten by a good strike by Humphries, who I recall had a blinder against us that night.

Premier league teams are looking for a more rounded keeper. Viktors distribution is not great and imo this will stop him being a top top keeper. Same on the international front.
    Can this be worked on? Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Wasn’t Leam Richardson manager of Wigan when we drew 1-1 at the NYS. Seem to recall Vickers had another of his outstanding games that night and was only beaten by a good strike by Humphries, who I recall had a blinder against us that night.
    Humphries had a great game against the Millers, a player I would like to see at NYS, which I have posted about a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    A move to Sheff Utd won't expand Viktor's career though if they drop back into the Championship. If the story of Everton looking to sign him are true, then that's where he needs to go. Not saying he'll get first team action with Pickford in the way but, he may well get the opportunity to shine in the Premiership should he be called on.
    Imo for what it’s worth , Vic needs to be playing games not sat on the bench anywhere . Soon get forgotten when you’re not playing games . Top end championship team playing games or even abroad would be my advice , not just sat about picking your wages up ,but then again it probably isn’t his decision .

Bit puzzled as why some fans are saying his distribution isn’t good.
    When he kicks it up the pitch from a goal kick or in play it’s good
    When passing it out from the back I don’t recall him putting our defenders in a difficult position
    When throwing it to a player that’s accurate too

What am I missing that suggests that part of his game is flawed?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    When passing it out from the back I don’t recall him putting our defenders in a difficult position

I agree with you Flour but, in my opinion, he does panic slightly when under pressure and his composure and distribution suffers. I remember on a couple of occasions at NYS, we've been under the cosh and a good clearance from the keeper might have eased the pain, but Victor put the ball out of play and added to the torment. Top class PL keepers appear fearless and composed under pressure. I do think it's something he can work on though.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

There's several games where bramhall or revan have been free for a quick release and Viktor holds onto the ball waving his arm telling the defenders to get forward. Imo when he gets the ball in hand the first 5 seconds he should be looking for the quick release. Holding the ball until all the opposition are back in position is pointless.
    Kicking up the pitch is 50/50 at best. With our midfield it's less than that

Could our wishful hopes of a £10m transfer fee from Sheffield United be scuppered?

"Sheffield United now looking at loan deal for £12.5m Leicester player"
    (Danny Ward)
    (Only paper talk )

...haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, so....

Viktor appears to be on the bench for Sweden in tonight's friendly international just North of Stockholm, so presumably won't be available tomorrow? (unless he gets a fast Uber ).

oops, as you were!. (Correct teams, wrong date researched). It appears he isn't there today.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 12-01-2024 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    There's several games where bramhall or revan have been free for a quick release and Viktor holds onto the ball waving his arm telling the defenders to get forward. Imo when he gets the ball in hand the first 5 seconds he should be looking for the quick release. Holding the ball until all the opposition are back in position is pointless.
    Kicking up the pitch is 50/50 at best. With our midfield it's less than that
    100% agree with you on this cayton, it's a major drawback in his game to me, although it had crossed my mind that he was acting on orders and in the last couple of games or so we have attempted much more to try and play out from the back, so if he was acting on orders then they would more likely have been from MT. UTM

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast