+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Neilson

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    Just a hunch but RN going to Hearts might signify an intention on the part of Budge to drop the legal case and take relegation on the chin in the hope that they can get back up in just one season believing Nielson to be the man with a proven record at Championship level.
    I hope you're right but I wouldn't bet my house on it 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    Just a hunch but RN going to Hearts might signify an intention on the part of Budge to drop the legal case and take relegation on the chin in the hope that they can get back up in just one season believing Nielson to be the man with a proven record at Championship level.
    to be fair his record in the champ is excellent

Why Tommy Wright? I think he is far more negative than Neilson was (and that’s saying something). I’ve always thought that watching a Tommy Wright team would make your eyes bleed. Don’t care what he did at St J , they were awful to watch most of the time. If it does end up being him, I hope to f**k I’m wrong about him.

The short term uncertainty is a concern but Neilson going not really bothered about. Shankland's goals got us up. Without him it was the same turgid fayre as the previous seasons in the championship.

Something has happened that none of us know about surely?,On the Hearts relegation thread(their board)loads of them are sure they will win the court case.On their welcome home Robbie thread loads of them think he will get them up next season.

Has Fudgie agreed compensation with the SPFL board behind closed doors?,is that why she has gone back for Neilson to make it 3 promotions from the Championship?.

I may well be completely wrong but something just is not adding up here.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Something has happened that none of us know about surely?,On the Hearts relegation thread(their board)loads of them are sure they will win the court case.On their welcome home Robbie thread loads of them think he will get them up next season.

Has Fudgie agreed compensation with the SPFL board behind closed doors?,is that why she has gone back for Neilson to make it 3 promotions from the Championship?.

I may well be completely wrong but something just is not adding up here.
    I'll tell you what does add up, 4 wins out of 30! **** Hearts and **** Robbie Neilson!

Hope he doesn't try to hijack the Nisbet deal, hope he does try to take Pawlett however 👍

This one is a strange one.

TBH i didnt really rate Neilson. He played his favourites over form players. Struggled to beat part time teams and made some bizarre tactical changes like when he moved Smith to left back among numerous others in the same game. He always tried to find ways to accomodate Pawlett even though he must have known we were a far worse team with him in it. He dropped Watson for Connolly even though our best partnerships were when Watson was playing. He was given the strongest squad in the league with and absolutely lethal front man and if the rest of the teams in the league werent absolutely awful it may have been a different story.

Whilst the above is true, he did make us better and turned us from a basket case to a team which won the league comfortably and imho I would rather have went up with stability and not with a manager change.

The biggest issue right now is that we could absolutely find many better managers, but at the same time probably far more worse ones and i think that should be the only thing scaring any Utd fan atm. Lets hope we dont find another Laslo

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Hope he doesn't try to hijack the Nisbet deal, hope he does try to take Pawlett however ��
    They don't have a Pawlett,Connolly or Reynolds thread but there is a Shankland one,i kid you not.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlisleArab View Post
    Why Tommy Wright? I think he is far more negative than Neilson was (and that’s saying something). I’ve always thought that watching a Tommy Wright team would make your eyes bleed. Don’t care what he did at St J , they were awful to watch most of the time. If it does end up being him, I hope to f**k I’m wrong about him.
    Agree 100% with this and have said same on others threads over the years. I think he wld stabilise the team but the style of football wld be awful.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)