+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Just watched extended highlights at end Fosu should have hit it with his left foot straight away took too long getting it on to his right then Watford had two clear cut chances so I'm more than happy with the draw.
    He's right footed, that's why he's wanting to get it onto his stronger foot.
    He may have been better hitting it first time with his weaker left foot and there's no guarantee he would have scored even if he had.
    1-1 a fair result, could have gone either way.
    Decent game for the neutral fan out there.

Fantastic point, and a performance that says last weeks win wasn’t a fluke. Things feel much more positive than they did 2 weeks ago. Still trying to work out, however how the FLP’s player ratings work compared to what they actually write. Three examples from todays paper on Roth v Watford.

“ Daniel Bachman - 7. Shaky performance, at fault for Rotherham’s goal,pushing it to Ferguson.”

“ Viktor Johansson - 6. Commanding and assured as usual. Could do nothing about Ferreira’s strike”

and finally,

“ Oliver Rathbone - 6. Prodigious work rate, always harrying in midi field. He typified the visitors energy.”

6???
    Last edited by Beaufighter; 22-01-2023 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Fantastic point, and a performance that says last weeks win wasn’t a fluke. Things feel much more positive than they did 2 weeks ago. Still trying to work out, however how the FLP’s player ratings work compared to what they actually write. Three examples from todays paper on Roth v Watford.

“ Daniel Bachman - 7. Shaky performance, at fault for Rotherham’s goal,pushing it to Ferguson.”

“ Viktor Johansson - 6. Commanding and assured as usual. Could do nothing about Ferreira’s strike”

and finally,

“ Oliver Rathbone - 6. Prodigious work rate, always harrying in midi field. He typified the visitors energy.”

6???
    I’ve just been talking about it, think ‘big club’ snobbery comes into it

Personally if they’re going to give Barlaser a 7 then Odoffin should be getting 8

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post

and finally,

6???

Perhaps Watford player ratings start at 10 and work down depending on errors and then “teams like Rotherham” ratings start at 0 and work upwards depending on how they impress?

When was the last time we played a game without any proper forwards on the pitch ?
    Very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    When was the last time we played a game without any proper forwards on the pitch ?
    Very unusual.
    Think MT going down the Man City route playing with a false number 9, especially when Eaves plays 😀

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Generally because they don’t prosecute for anything worth under £200… and I dare say that amount in some cases will probably higher these days..
    Yes but the total theft through illegal streaming will probably amount to several million pounds which may explain why the police are beginning to investigate it a bit more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Think MT going down the Man City route playing with a false number 9, especially when Eaves plays 😀
    🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yes but the total theft through illegal streaming will probably amount to several million pounds which may explain why the police are beginning to investigate it a bit more seriously.
    No they won’t

Too busy playing at being social workers

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If you're talking about this poster then you are doing him a disservice Yak. From the end of the match thread:-
    CAM, thanks for the character reference.

Just to clarify. I was happy to be a paid-up member of the Warney's Boys club. He did a fantastic job for Rotherham, both on the pitch and in the media.

If the improvement shown in the last two games is down to Matt Taylor then I'm happy to acknowledge that achievement. I haven't yet submitted my application for membership of the Matty's Boys club, but will do so if I can see evidence of the last two weeks sustained for a few weeks more. Is that asking too much?

I've never understood the binary choice of your'e either for or against a manager. I'll support whoever is in charge, providing I'm seeing some progress and enjoying the experience of spending cash in my support. I don't understand the "namby-pamby, arms round shoulders" criticism used by some on here.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast