+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Middlesborough ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    funny how Hernandez & Alioski come in for stick now, for 10 years we have had a squad completely bereft of quality footballers. Hernandez is exactly that, Quality, Saiz and Alioski have the potential to be also. Proper footballers who play the game correctly, on the deck, they should be applauded, its not their job to win the battle, thats for oŽkane, Viera and Phillips to do.
    "Like" (a lot!)

funny how Hernandez & Alioski come in for stick now, for 10 years we have had a squad completely bereft of quality footballers. Hernandez is exactly that, Quality, Saiz and Alioski have the potential to be also. Proper footballers who play the game correctly, on the deck, they should be applauded, its not their job to win the battle, thats for oŽkane, Viera and Phillips to do.
    Spot on Blanco!

[QUOTE=WTF11;38708478]One post in the whole thread and you can't resist having a dig can you, 😪 even when it's the win that important.

For the record it was two posts in the whole thread, and my point being [you missed it as usual] that your first post on this thread came in response to mine - way after the game was finished - on both the Derby and the Brentford matchday threads .... where we lost the games - you are on there as soon as we conceded whinging away - I'm just "calling you out" - to use your terminology - on the fact that you ALWAYS have plenty to say and moan about when we lose and only grudgingly offer praise when we win.

[QUOTE=Tichi1;38709003]
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    One post in the whole thread and you can't resist having a dig can you, �� even when it's the win that important.

For the record it was two posts in the whole thread, and my point being [you missed it as usual] that your first post on this thread came in response to mine - way after the game was finished - on both the Derby and the Brentford matchday threads .... where we lost the games - you are on there as soon as we conceded whinging away - I'm just "calling you out" - to use your terminology - on the fact that you ALWAYS have plenty to say and moan about when we lose and only grudgingly offer praise when we win.
    Dreadfully sorry I missed that first oh-so significant contribution, please please please forgive me????

Unlike some, I'm not always glued to either the radio or the TV so not always aware on matchdays as to how we have performed or the outcome. When I am, and I have access to this place, I'll post, whether we win or lose, with my opinions on each, seems pretty normal (to me, but not to you perhaps?)

I'm pleased we won, of course, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, we beat a one-dimensional Boro, (although we did appear to be playing 12 men (something I've commented on previously)). The challenges against Wolves and Barnsley will be very different (I think!), and yet we need a win against one, and at least a draw against another, (don't mind which) to get us back to something approaching stability. My praise isn't grudging in any way whatsoever, (see above about Alioski and Fernandez, and previously about Saiz), but after losing 7 from 8 (and doing so badly by everyones reckoning, even yours!), the whole team has to earn praise, not expect it.

Fair enough... you're forgiven.

I personally think if we get another three points this week it won't have been a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I really enjoyed Saiz's defensive contribution today - it's an interesting tactic they're using - he comes very deep and picks up loose balls all the time, has a run and makes some space, keeps hold - very different to our past option of hoping Wood/Roofe/anyone up front could hold onto it long enough for somebody to get up and support them. He takes it past a couple, finds a bit of space, relieves the pressure.

He wasn't as much of a threat up front today, but made a great all-round contribution. Great find whoever got him for the club.
    Excellent observation Jez, When we play without a target man and allow Allioski, Roofe and Saiz to come deep they can both run with the ball - Saiz prticularly well - and as you say this opens up the game and relieves the pressure at the back

Thought the front four played well in that respect today - a bit like against Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    One other thing I noticed, why Sacko, Ekuban and Grot on the bench ??? Personally I'd rather see someone like Klisch (who I think given a chance could be a solid player for us) than Sacko or Grot on the bench for Wolves.
    I agree with this Taff - reckon Klitch needs game time - even as a sub - I thought he looked quite tidy in the couple of outings that he has had...if a little rusty? and he MUST be a better option for the bench than either Sako or Grott - provided we have either Ekuban or Lassga on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    From where I was sat i'd say Allioski was up for MOM!
    People focus on his weakness under challenge - but he's scored a couple that have either won the game or put us back in with a chance - and his work rate is as good as anyone's in this squad - he will get better with experience in this league.
    I thought Phillips and Viera where immense - against experienced opposition.

Apart from the dodgy liner [when did you ever see us given a penalty two minutes after the aledged incident FFS?] I thought we where the better team throughout - but confidence is fragile.
    A draw against Wolves and a sneaky win at Barnsley and all's good with the world and our resident doom merchant will be away in Brazil or some such [Where is he today after a win???]
    Good result
    Great step forward for all especially against the smug Monk...Ref wasn't that great but also missed Berardi bringing down one of theirs but would have been gutted if they snuck a draw.
    My only tiny negative is the passing choices of Vieira, he's great at breaking up play but we got caught a few times, keep it simple lad. MOT

This.

Monk beaten dress wise too - A1 Style icon our TC - Top Italian clobber first half ......https://www.flannels.com/moncler-har...lcode=60835322 and then a savvy tactical coat change
    ........ with classic Burberry for second half...... https://uk.burberry.com/the-sandring...coat-p40038621
    Not sure what our 'Forum attire expert' (WTF11) wears for matches but maybe more Detective Columbo 'mack wise at a guess ................

Wolves away - Why 2300 ticket allocation for us,last time we got the full 4500 ........

Yeah - minority fan matters off the pitch come back and hit majority .........

Regardless,Wolves next and I'm still positive in what this this squad can do in a tough league with 'oh so fine lines' week in week out.
    Together - MOT

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)