+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Kewell

We could be going from King Kev to Prince Harry

One of the stupidest mistakes the linesman made was calling Hemmings offside when he was near the half way line when the ball was kicked and they made Lincoln take it from just in front of us, instead of where he was offside near the half way line... That's just basic.

The foul your talking about was ridiculous too, fairly sure the ref actually shook his head initially and then randomly changed his mind despite the linesman being next to it and not flagging to correct him.

We won’t pay the 400 GRAND compo apparently.

Jesus.

Seems like many Crawley fans are not too bothered about losing Kewell

http://ctfcfansforum.freeforums.net/...-surely?page=4
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We won’t pay the 400 GRAND compo apparently.

Jesus.
    Why are you signing yourself Jesus?
    Or are you telling him about the compo?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Who the feck would want to manage Notts though? Only two of the past 27 managers since Warnock are still managing at football league level......talk about the manergerial graveyard.
    Interesting stat.

If Kewell gets the job I will be extremely disappointed. His short record at Crawley is extremely moderate success. In my book the only thing you can go on when appointing a new manager is their previous success and he hasn't really got any at a managerial level. As others have said if Kewell is appointed I fail to see the point in sacking Nolan. At best it would be an underwhelming appointment and certainly not an ambitious one. Which is strange is Hardy seems to exude ambition so you have to wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Interesting stat.

If Kewell gets the job I will be extremely disappointed. His short record at Crawley is extremely moderate success. In my book the only thing you can go on when appointing a new manager is their previous success and he hasn't really got any at a managerial level. As others have said if Kewell is appointed I fail to see the point in sacking Nolan. At best it would be an underwhelming appointment and certainly not an ambitious one. Which is strange is Hardy seems to exude ambition so you have to wonder....
    What the above doesn't take into consideration though, is what are the working conditions like at Crawley, player budget, transfer budget etc? Has Kewell over achieved with what was at his disposal?

Just because it seems that he hasn't lit the league up with them doesn't exactly translate that he couldn't possibly do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    What the above doesn't take into consideration though, is what are the working conditions like at Crawley, player budget, transfer budget etc? Has Kewell over achieved with what was at his disposal?

Just because it seems that he hasn't lit the league up with them doesn't exactly translate that he couldn't possibly do it here.
    Agree. If I'm reading AH right, he'll be listening to what pros in the game are saying about HK's potential given what he's had to work with.

Bowyer seems like a safer bet to me, but he may not even be interested in the job - and there are no guarantees he'd produce anyway.
    Last edited by SolSigns; 28-08-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Agree. If I'm reading AH right, he'll be listening to what pros in the game are saying about HK's potential given what he's had to work with.

Bowyer seems like a safer bet to me, but he may not even be interested in the job - and there are no guarantees he'd produce anyway.
    Managerial appointments at this level are at best a lottery as far as Notts are concerned but its a lottery we seem to defy even the bad odds in given our history. I can't see the point in chasing Kewell when there are plenty of other reasonable options around and the rumoured 400k release clause would buy us 2 decent centrebacks and a holding hard tackling midfielder! I really dont understand the point in chasing an unproven manager who as I have said has early moderate success. There are plenty of league two managers around with scant financial resources who have achieved the same and more. There is no evidence to suggest he might be successul so for me its a complete punt. Would it work out? Who knows. Certainly isn't worth 400k though.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Managerial appointments at this level are at best a lottery as far as Notts are concerned but its a lottery we seem to defy even the bad odds in given our history. I can't see the point in chasing Kewell when there are plenty of other reasonable options around and the rumoured 400k release clause would buy us 2 decent centrebacks and a holding hard tackling midfielder! I really dont understand the point in chasing an unproven manager who as I have said has early moderate success. There are plenty of league two managers around with scant financial resources who have achieved the same and more. There is no evidence to suggest he might be successul so for me its a complete punt. Would it work out? Who knows. Certainly isn't worth 400k though.
    Good points. I basically said the same on the other fred, but if AH's gut is saying Kewell he should go with it. I'd take the 400k with a pinch of salt, but agree that we'll do nothing until the team can defend.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast