+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    You really do not have a clue do you.
    Really!

The way you are talking you think that a company in Portugal can can load a van of chicken and get all the way to the RIO without it being checked that it is indeed a van load of chicken that has passed EU standards! That is not how it works so stop being so ****ing stupid.
    Yes this is exactly what happens. Goods are not stopped in customs for checks and clearence.

I import a small amout goods from within the EU using DHL that is sent direct from their warehouse to mine. I also import from outside the EU.

Suppliers work to agreed regulatory standards (the red tape brexiteers keep going on about) that mean busineeses can trade freely withing the single market.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Really!
    Ok please explain to me why there are no checks on goods?

If I sell you fish from Grimsby and you are in the ROI how do I do it without checks that the fish meets EU standards? Answer- I check before I send it that it meets EU standards and then you check it to make sure that I have sent you EU standard product. Thats 2 checks already. So how is that breaking any none check EU rules?

As said above there is no need to have any checks on the border of the ROI and NI that do not already exist. The problem of the ROI and NI only effects free movement of people.

How about I sell you fish under the pretence that you want fish and once the van leaves on it's way to you that it pulls up and the fish is unloaded and I put knock off clothes or drugs in instead of the fish and you get the clothes or drugs you really wanted instead of the fish? How would that work?

Your parcels go through scanners etc so they get checked one way or another mate.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 04-09-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It would now be appropriate to require all MP,s to declare any business interests they have with the EU and If I were Boris I'd be starting with his own (ex) MP,s who didn't back him.

We,ve had an investigation into expenses and we should now do the same to establish what their real motives are
    Perhaps he should include JR-M as well
    Prominent Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg has defended the move by a City firm that he helped to found to establish an investment fund in Ireland ahead of the UK leaving the European Union.
    The Conservative MP faced questions when it emerged that Somerset Capital Management (SCM) had launched a new investment vehicle in Dublin amid concerns about being cut off from European investors.

A prospectus for the new business, which was registered in March and will be governed by EU and Irish rules, listed Brexit as one of the risks, as it could cause “considerable uncertainty”.

Got to go out now but really looking forward to see what you have to say when I get back later tonight.

Ok please explain to me why there are no checks on goods?

If I sell you fish from Grimsby and you are in the ROI how do I do it without checks that the fish meets EU standards? Answer- I check before I send it that it meets EU standards and then you check it to make sure that I have sent you EU standard product. Thats 2 checks already. So how is that breaking any none check EU rules?

As said above there is no need to have any checks on the border of the ROI and NI that do not already exist. The problem of the ROI and NI only effects free movement of people.
    I explained it above. Manufacturers work to agreed regulatory standards within the union (the red tape brexiteers keep whinging about). It means we can trade freely through the EU zone.

No checks are made at the border. The buyer can check that its to regulatory standard. They have the option check and reject. If not done to standard trade disputes are settled at the European Court.

There are currently no checks on the border in Ireland. Ive never crossed over but, as I understand it, there should be no physical sign of a border building or a patrol that restricts or stops movement of goods or people. It was the border created by the British that was so devisory and the target for much of the conflict.

Brexit requires that there is a border (to stop movement of people) and wto terms requires there is a customs check (and goods need to be cleared) before goods can pass over border.

Got to go out now but really looking forward to see what you have to say when I get back later tonight.
    Its real simple basic stuff so pretty easy to reply.

I don’t think the Labour Party would welcome that can of worms being opened.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes this is exactly what happens. Goods are not stopped in customs for checks and clearence.

I import a small amout goods from within the EU using DHL that is sent direct from their warehouse to mine. I also import from outside the EU.

Suppliers work to agreed regulatory standards (the red tape brexiteers keep going on about) that mean busineeses can trade freely withing the single market.
    You said in post some weeks ago that you don't import from within the EU
    Was that a fib?

Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast