+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dumpdee away this saturday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don’t think it would be Lennon , Cormack wouldn’t go for a volatile character like that . Glass was perfect for his agenda but it’s not working , maybe he can go back to that long list of candidates who were interviewed at the same time as Glass?

The management is non existent, that’s for sure, so that requires immediate attention to avoid the real possibility of relegation.

In addition to that, there’s far too many players who aren’t performing to anywhere close to the required level - in that list I include Brown, Hayes and McGinn who are all spent forces in addition to Ojo, Jet, McLennan and Gallagher who are simply rank rotten. That’s about half of our regular starting eleven, so it’s clear why we can’t win any games.

My (I thought pessimistic) points prediction from a few week back now looks overly optimistic!

Jim Goodwin and Callum Davidson were probably the best realistic candidates at the time of McInnes’s departure, unfortunately both signed long term deals recently so if you factor in compensation for either St Mirren or St Johnstone and paying off Glass a d his not so merry men this could be a very expensive lesson for Cormack.

Personally I think he needs to bit the bullet now and go and get Goodwin in.

Jim Goodwin and Callum Davidson were probably the best realistic candidates at the time of McInnes’s departure, unfortunately both signed long term deals recently so if you factor in compensation for either St Mirren or St Johnstone and paying off Glass a d his not so merry men this could be a very expensive lesson for Cormack.

Personally I think he needs to bit the bullet now and go and get Goodwin in.

That fat gob****e tory b a s t a r d cormack won't change the manager his massive ego wont allow it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    That fat gob****e tory b a s t a r d cormack won't change the manager his massive ego wont allow it!
    He will when the crowds are below 10k on average , he’s a million miles away from his hallowed 15k season tickets sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    He will have to when the agm is on the horizon and we are rock bottom below County

David Robertson’s name has been suggested as a replacement. He seems to have gone from a quiet unassuming young left back to a complete nutcase if that TV documentary wasn’t embellished too much! Could Cormack be thinking about an Indian takeaway? It would likely be another big gamble!?

I thought I could see what Glass was trying to achieve a few games ago, however, after yesterday's game we are going back drastically.
    Glass and his staff need gone now, before it is too late.
    The supposed brand of exciting, attacking football is non existent. The defence and holding midfielder, can't actually defend.
    We have a good squad of players, on paper, but on the pitch playing to his tactics, we are terrible.

Having slept on it, my mind hasn't changed.
    The experiment hasn't worked, time for change.
    We were trying something different and I think we were all aware that there would be teething troubles.
    Not getting an experienced coach on the staff at the outset raised an eyebrow, with hindsight this now looks an act of major folly.

But tactically we seem to be defining insanity, with the same thing being tried over and over with the same result.

The winless/losing run, though very concerning is not the primary red flag.
    For me, the biggest single issue is one clean sheet.
    Anyone with the slightest notion about fitba will tell you when thing are going bad, you concentrate on doing the basic things well and shut the back door.

There's no evidence of us doing either no evidence of us trying to do either.

Scott Brown makes me wonder.
    Whatever we say/think about him he has that nasty, win at all costs mentality.

He's a coach as well as a player, what's he saying to Glass? What's his input?

He must see the issues on the park, he must know this can't go on, he must be telling Glass that.

I think the only way Glass survives is if he has a backroom reshuffle and brings in an auld heid with plenty experience in Scotland.

If we do start afresh.....there's not an obvious replacement.
    Goodwin? Maybe.
    Neill? Maybe.
    Hughes......I'd be tempted here. He's a bit of a figure of fun (largely down to how he speaks), but I reckon he knows his stuff. We're possibly too big a club for him, but I think he'd be worth a punt.
    Lennon? G'wa'n fu ck.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast