+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread vs. Coalville Town FC 15.10.22 [FAC-QR4]

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    This 100%

As I said at the top this starts with LW's approach and team selection. Picking second stringers and hardly any attacking players helped Coalville get into the game and build their confidence. There wasn't much in the starting XI to scare them.

That's on LW. Nobody's saying he hasn't been great for us so far, he has. But there's no denying he screwed up today. Big time.
    Context required. LW has got us to top of the League and looking like title contenders. Did he get today wrong? Maybe he did but he's done a lot more right than wrong as Notts manager. For grown men, you aren't half dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If I was Kairo Mitchell or Ed Francis (for instance).
    Well if Francis can't boss a game at home against Level 7 opposition, then maybe he'd be better off playing down there finding out if he can

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The players take full responsibility for this.

Luke Williams has protected some of the key players and offered the fringe members of the squad an opportunity on a silver platter to impress today against very modest opposition, and they've thrown it away, along with our chances of a lucrative cup run.

If I was Kairo Mitchell or Ed Francis (for instance) I wouldn't be knocking on the manager's door asking for a first-team opportunity anymore. In fact, I'd be making preparations for other employment when my contract expires at the end of the season.
    Agree with this. LW knows he gets a backlash off the fans if he loses with his team selection, but he decided to trust his fringe players to rest the legs of first teamers and prevent injury. It's backfired but he will have learnt a lot about certain individuals today

Shyte, but I’m glad we avoided a replay on Tuesday with the game on Friday. Win that and this will be quickly forgotten. Why Francis isn’t being farmed out instead of Vincent god only knows.

Oh well, I hope management and players have learnt never to underestimate an opponent and turn out weak teams in future that could've cost us a cup run and money.

I’m embarrassed to be honest, and way it’s put me in a mood and upset me I dare say no more in case I get banned.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-10-2022 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Shyte, but I’m glad we avoided a replay on Tuesday with the game on Friday. Win that and this will be quickly forgotten.
    100% didn't need another game Saturday. All will be well if we get 3 points Friday and go 4 points clear

Just switched in to see the score, followed by the team we put out. While it’s disappointing to lose any game, the club are clearly saying promotion is the only thing that matters this season - hence the second-stream team we put out.

We don’t have a big-enough squad to go Sat-Tue-Sat if we have good cup runs, and clearly it isn’t good enough in depth, so we’ll just have to take this one on the chin and hope we keep the winning run going in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    This 100%

As I said at the top this starts with LW's approach and team selection. Picking second stringers and hardly any attacking players helped Coalville get into the game and build their confidence. There wasn't much in the starting XI to scare them.

That's on LW. Nobody's saying he hasn't been great for us so far, he has. But there's no denying he screwed up today. Big time.
    No he didn't
    He put his trust in fringe players who should have been hungry to impress along with saving our most important players from unnecessary injuries or bookings
    Say Langstaff or Ruben got badly injured?
    Disappointing i know but we can't and aren't going to win every game
    What it has shown is that those players on the fringe are way below the standards of our 1st 11
    I'd rather lost to Coalville in the fa cup prelims than Maidstone on Friday
    Got to give credit to Coalville at the end of the day too
    I hate it when Notts lose but i'm not that bothered today.
    How much money would we have gained from getting through a couple of rounds of the fa cup?
    But risk taking our eye off the league
    No dramas from me
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-10-2022 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added missing quote code

As others have said, just don't like to read spin and glossing over what is a truly terrible result.

Read what I said about the season so far. But call it as it is, today's FA Cup exit to Coalville is a horrendous result. A huge chunk of this is on LW. I don't see how there's any getting around this. There isn't, it's a very bad day for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Agree with this. LW knows he gets a backlash off the fans if he loses with his team selection, but he decided to trust his fringe players to rest the legs of first teamers and prevent injury. It's backfired but he will have learnt a lot about certain individuals today
    Agreed. The team we put out should have beaten a team from 2 leagues below.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast