+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ding dong

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You will change your tune when you become old enough to qualify for all these ‘perks’.
    A number of years ago my wife’s GP told my wife to use her age to her advantage.
    Won't change tune Islay, I get free bus travel now, I don't agree with it and don't need it but like Deeranged......I'm taking it.

Until they stop giving everything to any **** who washed up in Dover in a dingy it's Everyman for themselves in far left Scotland.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Won't change tune Islay, I get free bus travel now, I don't agree with it and don't need it but like Deeranged......I'm taking it.

Until they stop giving everything to any **** who washed up in Dover in a dingy it's Everyman for themselves in far left Scotland.��
    I do not agree with this social inclusion nonsense where everyone should be the same whether people have saved up for their old age or squandered their money.
    People who are/have been contracted out will never receive the new ‘big’ state pension whereas people who have never worked a day in their life qualify to receive the new ‘big’ state pension.
    It is not fair.
    Everyone who is receiving their state pension should receive the new ‘big’ pension.
    However as usual it is the layabouts who get everything given to them whereas people who have worked all their days and paid their taxes do not get any benefits until they become OAPS.
    It is the Barnett Formula which is paying for free prescriptions for everyone in Scotland and free eye tests in Scotland which will disappear in an independent Scotland when the current £41 billion from Westminster ends.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I
    It is the Barnett Formula which is paying for free prescriptions for everyone in Scotland and free eye tests in Scotland which will disappear in an independent Scotland when the current £41 billion from Westminster ends.
    Is it? And will it?

We have no idea what the plans would be post independence because the SNP have never given us the detail, you've said as much yourself many, many, many times. But now you're adamant that free prescriptions and eye tests will go in an independent Scotland. Which senior figure in the SNP told you this and why is it not public knowledge? Have you been cavorting with Nicola on the QT you old dog?

Further Income Tax rises announced in the SNP budget today. No matter how they spin it no one should pay a higher rate of tax for the simple fact that they are Scots. Can you imagine the outcry if the Torys passed a law saying we should pay a higher rate of tax North of the border?

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Further Income Tax rises announced in the SNP budget today. No matter how they spin it no one should pay a higher rate of tax for the simple fact that they are Scots. Can you imagine the outcry if the Torys passed a law saying we should pay a higher rate of tax North of the border?
    But nobody's paying any extra tax because they're Scots are they? It's because they're paying income tax in Scotland and because they're earning over the higher tax threshold. That goes for all nationalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    But nobody's paying any extra tax because they're Scots are they? It's because they're paying income tax in Scotland and because they're earning over the higher tax threshold. That goes for all nationalities.
    Depends how many foreign nationals living here class themselves as being Scots. If they're paying tax here then they're certainly classed as being Scots for tax reasons. Are you suggesting they can claim exemptions by saying they're not Scots?

Depends how many foreign nationals living here class themselves as being Scots. If they're paying tax here then they're certainly classed as being Scots for tax reasons. Are you suggesting they can claim exemptions by saying they're not Scots?
    No, and in all honesty I can't see where you came to that conclusion from what I wrote.

Anyone, who either is or isn't a Scot, and who pays income tax at the higher rate in Scotland will pay the extra.

And for the record nobody is classed as a particular nationality based on where they pay tax - that's just a completely nuts suggestion.

And for the record nobody is classed as a particular nationality based on where they pay tax - that's just a completely nuts suggestion.
    It tells you on your tax return for tax reasons whether you're Scots or not.

Anyone earning over £28,000 per annum will pay more income tax than someone earning the same wage throughout the rest of the U.K.
    The SNP politicians say this is a more progressive tax whereas in my opinion the SNP controlled Scottish Government are taking more tax from people earning average wages in Scotland than the rest of the U.K. to give to the work-shy.
    This ill thought out policy has resulted in the Scottish Government receiving less income tax annually than they had calculated they would receive.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)