+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Independence Day!

I m fully supportive of our exit from the european union, only thing that worries me, is my lack of faith in any of our politicians and parties to make the most of it and serve the country to make the most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    If you had a vote would it be in or out mate?
    Probably out...long term I think it'll be for the best, time will tell I guess, I don't think anyone really knows yet.

Some great posts on this thread but FTB and JohnyE in particular have a massive thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Some great posts on this thread but FTB and JohnyE in particular have a massive thumbs up!

Cheers Gray

FKB often gets right up my nose but his posts on this,(and other)threads are absolutely spot on and I agree with every word he`s posted.
    Johnny has also nailed it.
    Well done Gentlemen.

Firstly I was dissapointed with the politicians. No one gave a balanced view, it was either extreme staying in the EU is great or coming out is great. Also as usual both sides were keen to criticise each other, slinging mud to make their point stronger.

The factors I considered were
    1: The future: I want to best for the grandkids, so I'm not just ahead 5 years but 20, 30, 40 years.
    Personally I would accept 5 years of pain, increased prices everywhere if it meant a long term prosperous future for my country.

2: Immigration: some people perceive this as a dirty word and link it to racists. However immigration is a red herring, the issue should really be called POPULATION CONTROL. So if UK born white families were having 6 kids to claim extra benefits then I'd want something doing. English is the language of the world and has one of the best benefit systems in the world, so when a poor country joins the EU then you can't blame EU families wanting to the UK. I'm pretty confident that when the new group of countries join the EU like Turkey millions will migrate to the UK to claim tax credits and housing benefit and form massive ghettos of deprivation in every city.

3: Accountabilty/ democracy
    It's almost perverse to think that the people of the U.K can desire how their country is run, then the EU come along and over rule our wishes. The EU have unelected presidents that can't be voted out. We've seen the corruption in FIFA that also has unelected unaccountable presidents. I believe in democracy and not being controlled by another superstate.

Reasons to stay in the EU
    1: it's comforting like joining a protection racket or like having a big insurance policy. We pay more into it than we recIeve but if you have Christian type values then it's good to share the wealth and become 1 big superstate. Like in the John Lennon song Imagine, let's get rid of religions, borders etc and become one big country of world.

Conclusion
    For me it was
    Stay in then EU and see a slow but continuous decrease in the standard of living (over many years) and having 1000's of ghettos of multiculturism.

Or gamble by coming out of the EU
    Uncertainty causes struggles in the finance markets so I knew we would be worse off in the short term.

But for me it's no pain no gain.
    I accept the short term pain if it makes it a better more prosperous country going forward.
    I genuinely believe we've taken 2 steps backward in order to take 4 steps forward.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    We joined a Common Market, a body to ease trade between the biggest nations of Europe. I suspect many of us felt that we didn't agree to join was a Federal States of Europe, where our needs as a country were taking second place. Personally, the Transatlantic Trade Agreement, which if rumour is true is just an open licence for further globalisation (we don't know because they wont release any details of the discussion or the agreement, no details at all, v democratic eh?...) was the thing that pushed me into the leave camp. Having the last bits of our steel industry colapse under unfair product dumping from China,and being told we weren't allowed to do anything to help our industry or stop the imports didn't sit right either.

The other thing I reject totally is that because the leave vote was driven by older people that we've selfishly buggered up our kids. Has no-one thought that we voted this *because* of our kids future, and that a Prime Minister who called the vote to save his face, and a few Tory votes, then tried to scare us all into voting remain, wouldn't find us grey haired old b'stards quite the pushover he expected. We've seen his type before and we can smell the bull**** from a mile-off, Even he couldn't find one positive reason to stay, just 'If we leave, theses terrible things will happen'. Well I didn't believe them and a lot of others didn't either. I have faith in British people. We've demonstrated for hundreds of years that we are smart, resourceful, creative and adaptable, and although we will undoubtedly have some short term issues, we will not now be rolling over and dying in the wilderness, I'm sure of that.
    Occasionally you read good posts or even great posts.
    This one surpasses that.
    Have another like FKB.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast