+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    I'd agree with that. On the proviso that he's partnered in the middle of the park with someone who can actually pass a ball properly. i.e. no Murdoch and absolutely no Toshney.
    Well we have just got rid of someone who could pass the ball and given game time imho would turn out to have been a decent footballer. Charlie Telfer poor decision, for me

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Well we have just got rid of someone who could pass the ball and given game time imho would turn out to have been a decent footballer. Charlie Telfer poor decision, for me
    It's possible we didn't get rid of him, possibly he wanted to go. I'll only judge Ray on the quality that comes in, not on who goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm clearly in a significant minority on here but I think Flood would be integral to a Championship winning team next season. The trouble with him is his best work is done when the opposition have the ball, doesn't give them a second to settle and play. We need that in the team if we are to be serious contenders IMHO.
    Have to disagree Terry. from what I've seen, admittedly on tv, he has no creativity, his possession is woeful, his set pieces awful.
    You say his best work is done off the ball, ok I hear you, but I want my midfielders to do their best work ON THE ball.

Surely on his wage budget we can do far better?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Have to disagree Terry. from what I've seen, admittedly on tv, he has no creativity, his possession is woeful, his set pieces awful.
    You say his best work is done off the ball, ok I hear you, but I want my midfielders to do their best work ON THE ball.

Surely on his wage budget we can do far better?
    Agree with this

It's possible we didn't get rid of him, possibly he wanted to go. I'll only judge Ray on the quality that comes in, not on who goes out.
    Must admit didn't look it at that way Stoke, very remiss of me. I know he missed out with the emergence of Wato, now gone, which was possibly unfair. Maybe that was a factor. I am not judging Ray on the fact that he has gone, but wrong imho. We do need the bite in midfield and Telfer didn't provide that but I thought he played some good football. Possibly a good mix with Fraser and Spittal and the oft maligned flood as the 'busy man' 4132. King and Keatings up front?

Must admit didn't look it at that way Stoke, very remiss of me. I know he missed out with the emergence of Wato, now gone, which was possibly unfair. Maybe that was a factor. I am not judging Ray on the fact that he has gone, but wrong imho. We do need the bite in midfield and Telfer didn't provide that but I thought he played some good football. Possibly a good mix with Fraser and Spittal and the oft maligned flood as the 'busy man' 4132. King and Keatings up front?
    Yeah. I mean it's possible we did get rid, but unless it's confirmed lets not rush to slate Ray because as I said its possible the boy wanted out. Like the case with Flood I think we can actually do better than what we're losing.

edit. Fraser and Spittal, common denominator with them is they are soft. Both have talent in spells, but inconsistent, and soft. We need harder players imo
    Last edited by stokearab; 05-06-2017 at 07:37 PM. Reason: caany spel big words

Yeah. I mean it's possible we did get rid, but unless it's confirmed lets not rush to slate Ray because as I said its possible the boy wanted out. Like the case with Flood I think we can actually do better than what we're losing.

edit. Fraser and Spittal, common denominator with them is they are soft. Both have talent in spells, but inconsistent, and soft. We need harder players imo
    I am afraid I agree with your sentiments again, on our soft midfielders. It's a pity about Wato, as there was a physically strong player there with some talent, but unpredictable, sometimes a good thing, but not when your having a mare. If not for the meltdown he may have provided something of mixture of bite and footballing ability, alas we will never know. Maybe if the rumours are true on Fyvie, he may provide that. Not sure who else is available, maybe Forbes from Morton?

Agree 100%

For Charlie Telfer see Ryan Dow.

We waited and waited and waited and waited for something to happen....... It didn't........ Then he was gone. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    For Charlie Telfer see Ryan Dow.

We waited and waited and waited and waited for something to happen....... It didn't........ Then he was gone. The end.
    Cannie really argue with your post mate but Dow now plays at a higher level than United and i liked Telfer but posted plenty of times he was not a holding midfielder,if he stays in football i doubt he will ever play that role again.

Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)