+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I’ve been sceptical about Cosgrove from the moment he signed but we obviously saw something in him to have persisted with him until now. On this evidence he has a bit of potential left in him.
    Indeed, some did manage to identify his strengths at the end of last season

Comfortable win against a weak side, nothing more that that. I said after the St Johnstone game (amidst all the toy-throwing from prambulators on AbMad) that I expected us to string a few victories together , and we have...however, we now must take a few bigger scalps and wins against the Jungle Jims and Heart of the English Defence League would send a message going into the break that the League isn't going to be fought within the confines of Weegville...

One thing that did concern me last night was the substitution of Stevie May for Dom Ball. Now as it happened Ball did fine enough (although that's easier when playing for the dominant team), but why did Del-boy think Ball was required at that stage of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Comfortable win against a weak side, nothing more that that. I said after the St Johnstone game (amidst all the toy-throwing from prambulators on AbMad) that I expected us to string a few victories together , and we have...however, we now must take a few bigger scalps and wins against the Jungle Jims and Heart of the English Defence League would send a message going into the break that the League isn't going to be fought within the confines of Weegville...

One thing that did concern me last night was the substitution of Stevie May for Dom Ball. Now as it happened Ball did fine enough (although that's easier when playing for the dominant team), but why did Del-boy think Ball was required at that stage of the game?
    Surely he was just resting May? Sometimes Del's substitutions are too conservative for me but, to me, that was a case of get the form players off and see out the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Surely he was just resting May? Sometimes Del's substitutions are too conservative for me but, to me, that was a case of get the form players off and see out the game?
    ^^^this^^^

I wondered about the Ball substitution as well. Can only think McInnes reckons he'll be involved in the Hearts game at some stage , maybe even intending to put him in the starting line-up , and wanted to give him some game time to keep him sharp.

I was actually a bit pissed off with Ball for picking up an absolutely needless booking. And not only that he came close to committing a similar offence soon after the booking, but just managed to stop himself in time from hauling back the Dundee player round about the centre circle.

But then is it not a perfect time for young Anderson to get more time under his belt, or even Wright? Why are we bringing on a Rotherham United loanee at a time when he isn't required?

I'd rather we scored 10 goals against them but having Ball on gives others a rest, not just May. I'd rather Anderson came on for Wilson though. Busy time for us.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Always have to find a negative dude, while we continue to search for our holy grail and 100% perfection in a performance.
    Two up front for the last 3 games and we have scored 10 goals, finally DM has hopefully got it that one up front does not work for us, and I hope to fk he continues with the same approach for the next 2 games as well, but I'm nae huddin ma breath

SF
    Totally agree.
    You won't be surprised to hear that I do not lay blame at Logan, Considine, Lewis, nor even Lowe who dived in at the half way line.
    You would be surprised whom I do apportion blame to

But then is it not a perfect time for young Anderson to get more time under his belt, or even Wright? Why are we bringing on a Rotherham United loanee at a time when he isn't required?
    Hmm good point but I would say sure put on Anderson at 3:0 (say) and go for the jugular. By 4:0 it's all over and Anderson, or whoever, would barely get warmed up. Time to play keep ball and see the game out. Suspect RedStark might be onto something too a more defensive player might be more likely to be involved against Farts would love to see us playing them off the park with the youngsters involved but reputations rather than form often seem to influence the line up.

Hmm good point but I would say sure put on Anderson at 3:0 (say) and go for the jugular. By 4:0 it's all over and Anderson, or whoever, would barely get warmed up. Time to play keep ball and see the game out. Suspect RedStark might be onto something too a more defensive player might be more likely to be involved against Farts would love to see us playing them off the park with the youngsters involved but reputations rather than form often seem to influence the line up.
    I found the substitutions strange.
    really though they might take the opportunity to rest Ferguson and Shinnie given the number of minutes played

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast