+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    He needs 20 points from the next 18 games to finish level with Rafa. We'll see.
    The sad thing is although they won't admit it people on here are desperate for that not to happen. Desperate for a Newcastle supporting Geordie to ba1ls it all up so they can carry on singing the praises of a well overpaid Spanish manager in Rafa. I liked Rafa and I do think he's a good quality manager, but as I've said in the past for me his wage alone (which was up there with champs league managers) should of warranted us better league finishes. His treatment of certain senior players he didn't want was always the real sh1tter for me though, I just didn't like how he had a few lads been here years pushed out completely to the point of training with the young lads. I also think under our obvious structure which yeah it's sh1t but he new what he had to work with, we were always linked with (Rafa's number 1 target) they were always names he surely must of known we had no chance of signing. Then we sign someone it SOMEHOW gets out it was Rafa's fourth choice so we then all feel sorry for him and kick off. Imagine how some of them must of felt coming knowing they wasn't who he even wanted. That's not the way to go about things imo and one of the reasons we never really did that well under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    The sad thing is although they won't admit it people on here are desperate for that not to happen. Desperate for a Newcastle supporting Geordie to ba1ls it all up so they can carry on singing the praises of a well overpaid Spanish manager in Rafa. I liked Rafa and I do think he's a good quality manager, but as I've said in the past for me his wage alone (which was up there with champs league managers) should of warranted us better league finishes. His treatment of certain senior players he didn't want was always the real sh1tter for me though, I just didn't like how he had a few lads been here years pushed out completely to the point of training with the young lads. I also think under our obvious structure which yeah it's sh1t but he new what he had to work with, we were always linked with (Rafa's number 1 target) they were always names he surely must of known we had no chance of signing. Then we sign someone it SOMEHOW gets out it was Rafa's fourth choice so we then all feel sorry for him and kick off. Imagine how some of them must of felt coming knowing they wasn't who he even wanted. That's not the way to go about things imo and one of the reasons we never really did that well under him.
    A decent post that, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    A decent post that, to be fair.
    You surprise me...😂

Sorry, I'm not buying that at all.

The whole Rafa vs Bruce has gone on too long. It has become a stupid argument and it's been used by both "sides." We shouldn't really have two sides...

People are bringing up Rafa in defence of Bruce just as much as they are to slate him..he then has to mentioned in the defence...around and around...

Not true. No Newcastle fan wants to see the team lose. Being one is incompatible with the other. Also, comparing 2 managers, even at the same club is almost impossible because of changing circumstances (new players, players sold, form and performance of oppsition, order of fixture lists, etc, etc.).
    Noone is in favour of and missing Rafa because he is a better manager than Bruce (eventhough stats over the years of each would suggest this to be true) but because of what each wanted for the direction and development of the club.

Please remember this - it´s very simple.

Rafa´s wishes for the club did not coincide with the owners´ while Bruce is happy to follow Ashley. This is why some supporters are in favour of Rafa and not Bruce - it has little to do with the ´on the pitch´ aspect of coaching/management.

Anybody that thinks Steve Bruce has loyalty towards Newcastle is an idiot as far as I am concerned.This is a man who has previously turned the job down,criticised the club whilst manager of the tramps and refers to his true love Man United as "United".
    You can lick his aŕse as much as you want but I wont.Dont want him here and dont want more importantly Ashley here.Steve Bruce's only allegiance to Newcastle United is he was born in the area.

Bruce and loyalty I the same sentence !!!
    What happened in his last job
    Didn't he screw the fans and club

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Bruce and loyalty I the same sentence !!!
    What happened in his last job
    Didn't he screw the fans and club
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Anybody that thinks Steve Bruce has loyalty towards Newcastle is an idiot as far as I am concerned.This is a man who has previously turned the job down,criticised the club whilst manager of the tramps and refers to his true love Man United as "United".
    You can lick his aŕse as much as you want but I wont.Dont want him here and dont want more importantly Ashley here.Steve Bruce's only allegiance to Newcastle United is he was born in the area.
    And yes again.

Rafa´s wishes for the club did not coincide with the owners´ while Bruce is happy to follow Ashley. This is why some supporters are in favour of Rafa and not Bruce - it has little to do with the ´on the pitch´ aspect of coaching/management.[/QUOTE]

....and thats the crux of it.

Rafa's vision was a much brighter one than Ashleys's

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)