+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Government moving the goalposts

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    3 polls in a row now favour unity.

Sepratist high water mark was earlier this year....then the lies, corruption, sleaze and racism was exposed.
    Just a pity some cant seperate independance from the snp.They dont have to go together.
    The fact that some seem to think Scotland cant survive on their own saddens me if i am being honest.
    I would gladly pay a bit more tax to govern ourselves,in an ideal world with a strong labour party but its unlikely.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Just a pity some cant seperate independance from the snp.They dont have to go together.
    The fact that some seem to think Scotland cant survive on their own saddens me if i am being honest.
    I would gladly pay a bit more tax to govern ourselves,in an ideal world with a strong labour party but its unlikely.
    Just my opinion.
    Interesting comment. Get rid of SNP by voting for independence. I would rather wait and see what happens to Brexit before being asked to make up my mind about independence. It's funny but just now it feels a bit like independence will benefit Glasgow Edinburgh and the central belt. What's good for them will be what's good for Scotland. A wee bit like Scottish football, what's good for the OF is good for Scottish football. Westminster and London and the SE of England seem to have the same distortion for the UK. Thanks for your post. It made me wonder what is the best for us. I am not convinced that independence will make a difference and I don't think the issues of currency, the state of Holyrood and the Scotland Act provide a way forward. As Taintedice said in an earlier post the pro union parties have a majority of votes. Doesn't seem to me to imply that the majority of voters want independence.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Interesting comment. Get rid of SNP by voting for independence. I would rather wait and see what happens to Brexit before being asked to make up my mind about independence. It's funny but just now it feels a bit like independence will benefit Glasgow Edinburgh and the central belt. What's good for them will be what's good for Scotland. A wee bit like Scottish football, what's good for the OF is good for Scottish football. Westminster and London and the SE of England seem to have the same distortion for the UK. Thanks for your post. It made me wonder what is the best for us. I am not convinced that independence will make a difference and I don't think the issues of currency, the state of Holyrood and the Scotland Act provide a way forward. As Taintedice said in an earlier post the pro union parties have a majority of votes. Doesn't seem to me to imply that the majority of voters want independence.
    SNP, Greens and Labour.....all one really....fascist wokeists trying to turn world upside down, defying biological science and attempting to tell you what you are allowed to think and say.

New Green party dosent entertain any of that ****e.

SNP the most dangerous at the minute but SNP vanish overnight the cabal move to the greens and Labour.

These people arnt leaders they are careeer politicians or in Sturgeons case a failed corrupt lawyer, they are interested in themselves No one else.

If this was pontoon I'm sitting on 18, I'm sticking.

Just my opinion.
    Eric, if we have independence with SNP, they will have us back in the EU before we have a chance to vote them out,

Tell me what you think the benefits for us will be with independence, and I don’t want, better for future generations etc, as no one knows that, we will be taxed to the hilt just to pay for it, our movement will be restricted as we will have a border with the rest of the UK, our exports, 73-78% to England, will have a tariff imposed, thanks to the EU, we won’t have our own monetary system, at time like this we’d end up like Greece

SNP, Greens and Labour.....all one really....fascist wokeists trying to turn world upside down, defying biological science and attempting to tell you what you are allowed to think and say.

New Green party dosent entertain any of that ****e.

SNP the most dangerous at the minute but SNP vanish overnight the cabal move to the greens and Labour.

These people arnt leaders they are careeer politicians or in Sturgeons case a failed corrupt lawyer, they are interested in themselves No one else.

If this was pontoon I'm sitting on 18, I'm sticking.
    I am getting really encouraged by your well thought out analysis of the political system in Scotland. I do have concerns that the mild tone of your post might undercut the serious nature of the content.
    It seems to me that if Piers Morgan had adopted a similar conciliatory tone he might still be able to speak out.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Eric, if we have independence with SNP, they will have us back in the EU before we have a chance to vote them out,

Tell me what you think the benefits for us will be with independence, and I don’t want, better for future generations etc, as no one knows that, we will be taxed to the hilt just to pay for it, our movement will be restricted as we will have a border with the rest of the UK, our exports, 73-78% to England, will have a tariff imposed, thanks to the EU, we won’t have our own monetary system, at time like this we’d end up like Greece
    No one knows the issues you have raised either though. We would still trade with England, mental not to. As for the currency I've no idea.
    Do you not find it strange how many countries do OK on their own but many think we can't?
    It might come a time England want their independence, its more popular than you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I am getting really encouraged by your well thought out analysis of the political system in Scotland. I do have concerns that the mild tone of your post might undercut the serious nature of the content.
    It seems to me that if Piers Morgan had adopted a similar conciliatory tone he might still be able to speak out.
    Morgan's walk out was a planned stunt.

He will probably end up at GB news but wherever it is his next post was already lined up.. ..in fitba terms he had been tapped.

Even though you are taking the piss....😁

I'd say everyone on here has the ability to think and argue and debate......this is yer tiswas to pravdas noels multi coloured swap shop.😁

No one knows the issues you have raised either though. We would still trade with England, mental not to. As for the currency I've no idea.
    Do you not find it strange how many countries do OK on their own but many think we can't?
    It might come a time England want their independence, its more popular than you would think.
    We would only be allowed to trade with England under the EU stipulations,
    Yes plenty countries do “ok” on there own, how long do you think it will take for us to be in that situation if ever, we seem to be pinning everything on oil and whiskey tax, that will be a disaster, we will never be in the position of Norway, we don’t own the oil fields anymore, try raising the tax on oil and they stop drilling.

Why would England want independence ? maybe fed up subsidising everyone else

3 polls in a row now favour unity
    What a lot of ****e, next you'll be telling everyone that Sweden has had a great pandemic. Tories, so many lies, so much corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    We would only be allowed to trade with England under the EU stipulations,
    Goods are flowing into the UK from the EU unchecked, they wouldn't be able to stop Scottish goods were Scotland in the EU. There's a good chance the UK will be in at least the single market within a year or two, as brexit will be abandoned due to it being a total clusterphukk.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)