+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fgr

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If we don’t get promoted and IB leaves it will be good bye to Wootton, Roberts & Rodrigues as well.
    If we get promoted and IB stays then unless R or R are prepared to extend their contracts then they will still go.
    The business model dictates that we have sell our better players on at some point.
    All in all another big shakeup.
    I supect like everyone else I want promotion and as many of our better players to remain with us for a go at L2. However if we don't, and players leave and its another big shakeup as 1955 suggests. At least it will be a big shakeup where we are rewarded financially for our recruitment and certain players excellent performances and production this season.
    That will be an important big difference and contrast to previous big shakeups.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I supect like everyone else I want promotion and as many of our better players to remain with us for a go at L2. However if we don't, and players leave and its another big shakeup as 1955 suggests. At least it will be a big shakeup where we are rewarded financially for our recruitment and certain players excellent performances and production this season.
    That will be an important big difference and contrast to previous big shakeups.
    Agree and we will still have the core of a decent team.

Pretty sure RR and Wooton replacements are already lined up

I hope all this speculation whether it’s rooted in reality or not doesn’t affect the players tonight, but it’s very hard to imagine that it won’t. Especially if he is genuinely off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I hope all this speculation whether it’s rooted in reality or not doesn’t affect the players tonight, but it’s very hard to imagine that it won’t. Especially if he is genuinely off.
    Is there loads of speculation other than a few betting sites and some social media outlets ?

The players will want to win make no mistake of that it has potential to progress their own careers as well.

No smoke without fire regarding IB but he will want promotion on his record too.

If Notts win tonight and Charlie Slater asks him about it after the game, then Charlie is only doing his job, but I kind of hope that he just leaves it for Burch to either come out and flat out deny it (because he feels the need to do so) or doesn't because he knows he's off, rather than sidestepping the question again.

We had this with Warnock at the 2nd Wembley final when Chelsea were expressing interest in him and we still went on to win, though IIRC that only came up a few days before the final and not before the semis. Also, times were different then, we would have still fully expected the team to stick together because players didn't come and go in anything like the same frequency they do now.
    Managers must have to go that extra mile to instil a sense of togetherness and fighting for a common cause in the modern game whereas that wold have come naturally in the past with many more players having been around for years and others coming through the ranks, that demand for unity is less likely to come from Burch now, or less likely to be taken as sincere.

Technically, there are 6 mangers still with active seasons.

They are
    Phil Parkinson - Wrexham
    Neal Ardley - Solihull
    Pete Wild - Halifax
    Ian Burchnall - Notts
    Paul Hurst - Grimsby
    Paul Cook - Chesterfield

I think we can discount Parkinson based on the fact that he's got it good at Wrexham and also style of play.

Hurst is another we can probably discount but that leaves Cook, Wild and Ardley other than IB. I think people are going off betting slips and that is a silly thing to do. Remember, we are very well set up here, if Burchnall gets it right, we have the potential to go a lot further than FGR, and I think Burchnall is a very forward thinker and knows that. I personally think it's Ardley or Cook who is in the frame for it

Why the hell would they be interested in a PE teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Technically, there are 6 mangers still with active seasons.
    ... in this league, in this country.

There are plenty more managers still with active seasons in other leagues. If I were FGR would I be looking in the NL specifically? Not so sure.

There are a couple of other playoffs still to be decided, so their season’s aren’t technically over yet either. Clough Jnr anyone or maybe the chap from over the river, unlikely I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    There are a couple of other playoffs still to be decided, so their season’s aren’t technically over yet either. Clough Jnr anyone or maybe the chap from over the river, unlikely I know.
    That is a fair point as well. I doubt they'd get the championship teams but league 2 is also an option

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast