+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 New Manager [Luke Williams Appointed]

Bookies BetVictor currently have Bromley boss Andy Woodman installed as their outright favourite just days after lifting the FA Trophy at Wembley Stadium for the capital club. The 50-year-old also led them to 10th in the National League last season after making the play-off quarter-finals at the end of the previous campaign.

Former Newcastle United defender and now Gateshead manager Mike Williamson is the joint-second favourite at 8/1 after the North East club were crowned champions of National League North last season. The 38-year-old is joined by Boreham Wood boss Luke Garrard, who finished above Bromley on goal difference and famously reached the fifth round of the FA Cup this season.

Those pair are also joined by veteran Football League manager Kenny Jackett, who was most recently at the helm for Leyton Orient before leaving in late February. Former long-time Exeter boss Paul Tisdale and York manager John Askey are both listed at 10/1.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...r-odds-7138468

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's the key bit in this repetitive debate/arguement. We deserve to be where we are due to poor stewardship. Something forgotten or ignored by far too many far too often especially when taking pops at the current owners.

Bad ownership will always trump size of ground capacity, size of support etc. Sheffield Wednesday a prime example but there are many many more up and down the divisions including Notts.
    Exactly it was only a couple of days ago Hardy boasted we had the highest budget in L2, though he got us relegated.
    Albeit it being the NL these owners have had us in the mix the first 3 seasons, it’s a harder league to get out of too, considering their totally new to this I don’t think they are doing bad and only will get better with their decision making.
    Look at Stockport, a good club with plenty of history, they found themselves in the conference North showing when you think it’s really bad, it can get even worse with miss management.

If Kenny Jackett is on the list then the entire list is not believable. There is more chance of them appointing little known Australian coach Queensland Pie who successfully managed Eumundi Magpies girls under 10's to a play off semi final in his first season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    What we're seeing on here is a tug of war over the managing of expectations. Expecting Notts to win every week in the 1st or 2nd tier would be silly but there has to come a point where the opposite is true and I'm quite satisfied we've reached it.

No good can come from fans dragging us further down the hill by making excuses for underachieving in the NL. Sometimes you have to say "This is simply not good enough".
    That's where I'm at. I've renewed my ST without a second thought and will be there next season, but I can't accept finishing 5th and failing in the playoffs in the National League as a decent season. I don't expect the world, if we had managed to go up and finished around mid-table (literal mid-table) in League 2 I wouldn't moan. I wouldn't be ecstatic, but I would see it as progress. I've been lucky enough to see us vastly over-achieve, and also unlucky enough to see us vastly under-achieve. I'd be fairly satisfied with a simple 'achieve'. All I really want before I become a pile of ashes is for us to regain our title as 'The Oldest Football League Club in the World'.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If Kenny Jackett is on the list then the entire list is not believable. There is more chance of them appointing little known Australian coach Queensland Pie who successfully managed Eumundi Magpies girls under 10's to a play off semi final in his first season.
    I've just had a fiver on Queensland Pie as our next manager at 100/1 and suddenly you are joint favourite!

The initial odds from the bookies suggest they have no inside info at all, so just offer the routine list in the hope of making a few quid. If somebody goes odds on take note, and if they go shorter than 1/5 it's usually a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's where I'm at. I've renewed my ST without a second thought and will be there next season, but I can't accept finishing 5th and failing in the playoffs in the National League as a decent season. I don't expect the world, if we had managed to go up and finished around mid-table (literal mid-table) in League 2 I wouldn't moan. I wouldn't be ecstatic, but I would see it as progress. I've been lucky enough to see us vastly over-achieve, and also unlucky enough to see us vastly under-achieve. I'd be fairly satisfied with a simple 'achieve'. All I really want before I become a pile of ashes is for us to regain our title as 'The Oldest Football League Club in the World'.
    I actually think that is where most fans are at other than your last sentence. People just put it across in different and sometimes confiused ways. The play off failure was indicative of the whole season for me results wise and I wish IB luck but I wasn't really bothered to see him go as under the model we now have he will basically be replaced with a clone of IB ( who hopefully has more of a plan . All I really want before I become a pile of ashes is to see us beat Mansfield in a league game. I've had to finally lower my expectations from the F-worders as I am ultimately realistic.

I seen George Burley in Nottingham yesterday and overheard him on his phone trying to tempt Lee Hughes out of retirement

Quote Originally Posted by viper68 View Post
    I seen George Burley in Nottingham yesterday and overheard him on his phone trying to tempt Lee Hughes out of retirement
    Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's the key bit in this repetitive debate/arguement. We deserve to be where we are due to poor stewardship. Something forgotten or ignored by far too many far too often especially when taking pops at the current owners.

Bad ownership will always trump size of ground capacity, size of support etc. Sheffield Wednesday a prime example but there are many many more up and down the divisions including Notts.
    Worried 😟 I find myself agreeing with Laddo! This exactly, the disasterous last season of Hardy’s ownership is exactly why we’re here. This is an extremely tough league to climb out of. I personally don’t think we need to change a lot, we’re 2 or 3 players short of challenging for top spot. We need a manager who fits the system - otherwise we’ll need 2 seasons of rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    All I really want before I become a pile of ashes is to see us beat Mansfield in a league game.
    That is a massive reality check on how far we have fallen

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast