+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Dexter Lembikisa

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    He's at best delusional. But Hearts are probably mid table English league one so DL might not find it as tough there. Scottish football is a joke
    It is indeed. Joe Newall is the star man at Hibs,Aberdeen signed Angus McDonald when he was out of favour at Swindon. Hearts are League 1 all day long. I wonder how Celtic and Rangers would go on in the EPL?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Blimey, someone’s not done due diligence here….

Speaking to the official Hearts website, head coach Steven Naismith said: “I’m really pleased to get Dexter in so early in the window.
    “He’s an exciting full back who likes to get involved in team attacks and he shows defensive traits ahead of his years.
    ''defensive traits beyond his years''.......you mean he defends like he's 63!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    It is indeed. Joe Newall is the star man at Hibs,Aberdeen signed Angus McDonald when he was out of favour at Swindon. Hearts are League 1 all day long. I wonder how Celtic and Rangers would go on in the EPL?
    If you look at squad values on transfer market.co.uk, there's only one Championship team with a squad worth less than Hearts and that's us! Yet they're a comfortable 3rd in the Scottish Prem and they beat Celtic 2-0 at Parkhead last month.

Says it all really.

Once had a Hearts fan telling me that the big Scottish clubs would be EPL as the play in Europe every year.

I left him to his delusional rant.

Scottish league is a terrible standard even Celtic and Rangers are very average and would struggle in the Champ down here

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Scottish league is a terrible standard even Celtic and Rangers are very average and would struggle in the Champ down here
    I know a Celtic fan who believes that they'd finish in the top 6 of the EPL to start with but once they'd have had 3 years of the finances that go with it they'd be easily top 4 challenging for both the EPL and Champions league titles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I know a Celtic fan who believes that they'd finish in the top 6 of the EPL to start with but once they'd have had 3 years of the finances that go with it they'd be easily top 4 challenging for both the EPL and Champions league titles!
    Sorry to keep going on about this but if you Google "premier league squad values" and then have a look on transfermarket.co.uk the correlation between squad value and current league position is pretty startling, with not many exceptions.

Based on Celtic's squad value they'd be relegation fodder and so would Rangers.

I'll put the stats away now 🤓

Made his debut for Hearts tonight and scored!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Made his debut for Hearts tonight and scored!
    Played Saturday for them off the bench. Almost scored at the end with a great shot

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112